Joined
Mar 30, 2006
Messages
384
Reaction score
18
Location
Near Buffalo N.Y
Just got it today i have to say its the best sounding cab I have played or owned. I was worried about taking the chance on it and since it is replacing my Engl vintage 4x12 i was skeptical. It is a perfect cab for my self smooth mids,highs and tight lowend.. It sounds huge for such a small cab.. It is a great match for the Fireball, and peavey tames the highs alot and smooths them out, and also doesn't color the sound compared the the vintage 30's i had in the Engl.. I think its Rhino lined to someone correct me if i'm wrong. I'm a little confused about the wiring it has two mono jacks on the back I assumed it would have one since it is a mono cab... Overall im very pleased and you can't beat the price on it and overall sound. The Rhino liner looks awesome:yesway:

Attachments

  • 00000001.jpg
    00000001.jpg
    199.3 KB · Views: 93
  • 00000004.jpg
    00000004.jpg
    163.8 KB · Views: 72

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

B Lopez

Vescere bracis meis.
Joined
Jan 11, 2007
Messages
4,340
Reaction score
476
Location
Killafornia
:metal: Tasty rig there. :yum:

Glad you enjoy your Vader. I :wub: mine. (also a 2x12)

OzzyC

:ubersquint:
Joined
Sep 16, 2006
Messages
5,102
Reaction score
299
Location
USA
Thanks guy's.. Does anyone else's have the two mono speaker out's on the back. I was under the impression it would have only one since its a mono cab.

I asked basically the same thing to Adam a while ago. That's the standard input, but you can have it other ways if you request it.

LEWY7777777

Well-Known Member
Joined
Jul 19, 2006
Messages
333
Reaction score
8
Location
USA
YESH! Oh, my, sweet , goodness!!! That is beautiful. Its a 5150ENGLVader sandwich. YUM:drool:

999dead666

Well-Known Member
Joined
Jan 8, 2007
Messages
313
Reaction score
8
Location
earth
how different are the custom emenince that vader uses in their cabs than the normal ones? more wattage? or different sound?

smith10210

Well-Known Member
Joined
Mar 30, 2006
Messages
384
Reaction score
18
Location
Near Buffalo N.Y
Thanks everyone for the complaments... I guess since there are two mono outputs i could hook up one to each head.. I always hated unplugging one speaker cable from one head and plugging it in to the other when i felt like playing a different amp.

LordOVchaoS

NUDE MAN!
Forum MVP
Joined
Feb 24, 2005
Messages
5,010
Reaction score
953
Location
Warrensburg, MO
Thanks everyone for the complaments... I guess since there are two mono outputs i could hook up one to each head.. I always hated unplugging one speaker cable from one head and plugging it in to the other when i felt like playing a different amp.

Don't do that!

You would be pushing wattage from one amp into the other and you will fry your poweramps! There are two jacks so that you can daisy chain more than one cab together if you have an amp with only one speaker out but want to tun two cabs. That's the only reason it's there. If you want to hook up both heads you need to open up the cab and just wire one speaker to each jack making it a stereo cab. Then you could run both amps at once :hbang: Or just invest in a cheap A/B box so that all you have to do is hit a switch rather than unplugging/plugging in cables every time.

OzzyC

:ubersquint:
Joined
Sep 16, 2006
Messages
5,102
Reaction score
299
Location
USA
Don't do that!

You would be pushing wattage from one amp into the other and you will fry your poweramps! There are two jacks so that you can daisy chain more than one cab together if you have an amp with only one speaker out but want to tun two cabs. That's the only reason it's there. If you want to hook up both heads you need to open up the cab and just wire one speaker to each jack making it a stereo cab. Then you could run both amps at once :hbang: Or just invest in a cheap A/B box so that all you have to do is hit a switch rather than unplugging/plugging in cables every time.

:scratch:

According to Adam as per my email mentioned before, the standard wiring is two mono inputs, which would mean he can.

smith10210

Well-Known Member
Joined
Mar 30, 2006
Messages
384
Reaction score
18
Location
Near Buffalo N.Y
I would only be running one amp at a time... Basically if i wanted to play the engl instead of unplugging the peavey speaker cable and than plugging into the engl i would just leave both heads hooked up to the cab.. Sometimes i forget that one or the other is actually plugged into the cab.. I wouldn't be running both heads at once than i would have to rewire and make it stereo ..

noodles

Contributor
Joined
Aug 23, 2005
Messages
18,493
Reaction score
2,359
Location
Woodbridge, VA
:scratch:

According to Adam as per my email mentioned before, the standard wiring is two mono inputs, which would mean he can.

You really don't want to hear what kind of mess you will get when you run two amps into the same cab. The speakers will tear themselves apart unless the damping factors are the same (read: identical amps).

HighGain510

Contributor
Joined
Nov 26, 2006
Messages
14,925
Reaction score
5,291
Location
Northern Virginia
:scratch:

According to Adam as per my email mentioned before, the standard wiring is two mono inputs, which would mean he can.

I believe you might have mis-read or misunderstood what Adam sent you in that email, because to my knowledge what Dave said above is pretty much what is going to happen if he runs both amps into the single cab. :ugh:

You really don't want to hear what kind of mess you will get when you run two amps into the same cab. The speakers will tear themselves apart unless the damping factors are the same (read: identical amps).

:agreed:

OzzyC

:ubersquint:
Joined
Sep 16, 2006
Messages
5,102
Reaction score
299
Location
USA
:shrug: You tell me what I misunderstood.

We can easily wire them in stereo if you'd like at no additional charge. Just say so when you place your order. Otherwise they have 2 mono jacks wired in parallel. Thanks for your interest,

Adam Quick
Vader Cabinets, Inc.
Vader Cabinets, Inc.

From: Ozzy Carcache
To: vadercabinets
Subject: Vader Cabs
Date: Mon, 16 Jul 2007 18:07:33 -0700 (PDT)

I was looking at your website and was wondering if your 2x12 and/or 4x12s are available with stereo input.

Thanks,
Ozzy

Kagami

Forum MVP
Joined
Oct 1, 2005
Messages
34,940
Reaction score
1,535
Location
USA
Dude, stereo means each jack is wired to one speakers, parallel mono means both jacks are wired together and is for linking cabs together.

something like this:

crap.jpg

Top
')