Got to play an RG2228

• Thread starter kristallin
  • Start date
  • Tags
    rg2228
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

kristallin

punk'd
Reaction score
ZOMGZOMGZOMGZOMGZOMGZOMGZOMGZOMGZOMGZOMGZOMGZOMGZOMGZOMGZOMGZOMGZOMGIWANTONE!

That is all. Damn this GAS!

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Ishan

Giant Fridge Magnet
Contributor
Reaction score
Yea, those feels that way :D I don't like some details of it so no GAS for me :)

Scarpie

Reaction score
i found it to be a great guitar first time i played it. got it out of my system, but after that i found the scale to be too short cause the articulation of the 8th string at 27'' just wasn't cutting it. so no gas for me

TimSE

Tone Chasr
Contributor
Reaction score
think im ganna hold out for the Agile 8string whenever it gets put into production :yesway:

kristallin

punk'd
Reaction score
For me it was how unbelievably comfortable the neck felt. It really didn't feel like there was an additional string on the instrument, and the proportion was pretty close to a Chapman Stick (for which I have unbelievable GAS, BTW). The guitar felt right.

TheMasterplan

Creator//Destroyer
Reaction score
Couldn't agree more. My local guitar shop got a shitload of new awesome guitars and that was one of them. I remember the first time it was there I came in to buy strings. I was standing in line and kind of looking around and then I saw it just hanging on the wall and said "Holy fuck." out loud to myself. I asked the guy for a cable so I could try it out, but he was all "We're closing in five minutes." Then some metal dude came over and was like, "Fuck it, I live down the street, you can hang." which was awesome. So I went to try out and holy shit, it felt amazing. A little hard to play at first but ten minutes later I hung it back on the wall and said, "Damn". I go back there like once a week just to play it :lol: Shame it's $1500 and I'm jobless.

Actually the second time I went there and tried it out I was showing my dad cause he gets a kick out of it when we go to guitar shops and I try out things he never even heard of before. The dude from before comes over and tries to look at me and I looked up and he said "Damn". I asked him why he said that and he said, "Well, we've had that thing for a while and you're the first person I've seen pick it up and know what to do with it." I was very flattered and we began to talk about how much he would chop off if I wanted to buy it and we talked about Meshuggah for like a half hour and I applied there that day. Haven't heard back from them yet though :rant:

Regardless it sounds pretty damn good and feels great to play. Wish the neck was a bit longer though.

Latest posts