Got uli?

• Thread starter CHAWLthornacus
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

CHAWLthornacus

7-string bender
Reaction score
nobody here talk's about his bad ass guitar playing. the early scorpion's to his extended scale playing that he does today. i saw him a couple of month's ago. impressive playing.:hbang:

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

AVH

avhguitarrepair.com
Forum MVP
Reaction score
Are you kidding? Uli's playing was always bad-ass, and was a big influence on my early lead playing. His best work is definitely on Scorp's Virgin Killer, and the track Sails of Charon from Taken by Force seriously owns.
:shred:

Now he just has to do something about his poofy velvet clothes and frilly hat fixation....

CHAWLthornacus

7-string bender
Reaction score
Are you kidding? Uli's playing was always bad-ass, and was a big influence on my early lead playing. His best work is definitely on Scorp's Virgin Killer, and the track Sails of Charon from Taken by Force seriously owns.
:shred:

Now he just has to do something about his poofy velvet clothes and frilly hat fixation....
i thought he was hendrix when i seen him last. his playing still was real good.

jacksonplayer

The Fusion Guy!
Contributor
Reaction score
I'm a huge Uli fan. He has definitely influenced my playing in the last few years. Of all shredders, he probably has best phrasing and taste. He's not just playing scales and licks, but music.

Ancestor

Contributor
Reaction score
Oh, yeah. Great vibrato and tone. He plays all that classical stuff so well. Plus, I really like the Sky guitar.

jacksonplayer

The Fusion Guy!
Contributor
Reaction score
the guitar i seen him play had a lot of fret's. he must have small finger tip's?

Actually, no. His Sky Guitar has the equivalent of 36 frets, but the uppermost range has whole tone intervals, so those frets are fairly wide apart and easy to play. However, he has to string bend in order to hit the half-tone intervals in between those frets. He makes it look pretty easy in concert.

distressed_romeo

F'king ............
Forum MVP
Reaction score
Incredible musician.

I was never a fan of the Scorpions, but I love his Sky Guitar stuff. His 'Historical Performances' DVD is well worth getting.

Jerich

Contributor
Reaction score
I went to the Sky Guitar Academy and had a chance to even Play around him he is a great guitar player but an even better listener to your playing.....

Ancestor

Contributor
Reaction score
I went to the Sky Guitar Academy and had a chance to even Play around him he is a great guitar player but an even better listener to your playing.....

That is very cool.

')