Goth music will destroy your child...

13point9

Now with Less Hair!
Reaction score
Man extremists suck...

this pretty much depicts all even slightly rock orientated music (including Christian rock) to be evil

Satan's Music

And this is what I am referring to in the title...

Goth Music will Destroy Your Child!

Discuss, NOTE this is not an anti Christian rant, but people that spew hate like this needed to be enlightened that all they do is push people away...

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Randy

✝✝✝
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Depends what they mean by "goth music" because a lot of what I would call "goth music" is pretty horrible. :lol:

13point9

Now with Less Hair!
Reaction score
Depends what they mean by "goth music" because a lot of what I would call "goth music" is pretty horrible. :lol:

they have no idea themselves, they call AC/DC goth hahahaha

Necky379

Reaction score
just curious about this: THE TRUTH ABOUT MARILYN MANSON

i'm just curious about how much of this is true. i realize that most of it is probably not. i really don't care if it's true or not as far as listening to MM goes, im just curious.

nobody wants to read my biography i'm sure, but just for some backround i'm a catholic who believes in God and goes to church. at the same time i listen to slayer, mm, led zepplin, acdc etc. (the church's bad guys), and one of my all time favorite bands is the black dahlia murder. when its all said and done i believe ill be judged on what ive done and not what i listened to. nobody's perfect.

anyway im not a huge manson fan so i dont know what's true and what isnt. i own a manson cd or two and im not going to stop listening to them but if someone who knows more than i do could clear up all the internet bullshit i'd appreciate it. i mean there are these stories of rape and butt fucking, which are well known, but are they true?

Winspear

Winspear/Noisemother
Reaction score
just curious about this: THE TRUTH ABOUT MARILYN MANSON

i'm just curious about how much of this is true. i realize that most of it is probably not. i really don't care if it's true or not as far as listening to MM goes, im just curious.

I don't have time to read the whole article right now. But I know most of the rumours about him and they are not true. The whole throwing dogs off of stage etc etc...Not true.

I read his biography and he is a very down to earth fascinating person (although yes, he is still a freak in the stageshow sense!). He did not rape anyone on stage. I don't think he actually had sex on stage either, though he did used to have naked dancers and act innapropriately.

I will say it outright that being a catholic you would probably still be disgusted by a lot of the things he has been involved in, but most of the very extreme stuff you hear is not true.

Sorry I don't have time to read the article and write a more detailed reply.

13point9

Now with Less Hair!
Reaction score
there's so much shit around manson these days it boggles the mind...

he got back on the drugs after splitting from his wife and as such his live performances are DIRE ive seen him twice at festivals and it honestly made me feel sorry for him...

13point9

Now with Less Hair!
Reaction score
NORWAY - Euronymous murdered by Goth 'friend' Varg Vikernes, guitarist of Goth band Emperor.

:lol:

:rofl:

they have one as well where it's Galder from dimmu and on the photo it says "Galder, Dimmu Borgir" and they refer to Galder as "Dimmu" HAHAHAHAHA

ivancic1al

Probrem?
Reaction score
I lol'd when I saw this:

Pink Floyd sings, in the song "Sheep",

"The Lord is my shepherd, I shall not want . . .
With bright knives he RELEASETH MY SOUL
He maketh me to hang on hooks in high places . . .
For lo, he hath great power and GREAT HUNGER."

First of all, the only reason they think this is satanic is due to the apparent paraphrasing of the Bible verse---even thought the song is deeply influenced by Orwell's Animal Farm, this lyric is detailing the sheep, which in the book and the song are led astray by the pigs and dogs etc and eventually slaughtered....I see the allusion to Satan, but that wasn't even close to the idea of the song, let alone the album. These ignorant f*cks need to do their hw...:noplease:

Necky379

Reaction score
I don't have time to read the whole article right now. But I know most of the rumours about him and they are not true. The whole throwing dogs off of stage etc etc...Not true.

I read his biography and he is a very down to earth fascinating person (although yes, he is still a freak in the stageshow sense!). He did not rape anyone on stage. I don't think he actually had sex on stage either, though he did used to have naked dancers and act innapropriately.

I will say it outright that being a catholic you would probably still be disgusted by a lot of the things he has been involved in, but most of the very extreme stuff you hear is not true.

Sorry I don't have time to read the article and write a more detailed reply.

yeah i think there might be something wrong (maybe im right i dunno) with my outlook of the whole "being offended" thing. to be honest whatever it is he has been involved with, that should disgust me, i probably wouldnt be offended by. it's really none of my business what he does or believes. i like some of his music and i dont give a shit about him as a person. i wouldnt piss on a cross but who am i to tell him what to do? i think everyone (fans/haters) takes celebrities too serious anyway. he's just a singer, he's not the antichrist in the biblical sense and he made some songs that i like. that's really all the thought that i put into it.
that said i wouldnt go to a mm concert because i wouldnt enjoy it, his live show is not for me. i think that's the biggest thing that extremists miss. if you dont like it dont listen to it, if you dont want to see it dont watch it.

im sure type o negative would fit the "goth rock" category and i love typeo. everytime i read one of these threads where you guys point out some radical christian view i feel like finding whoever writes these "goth music will destroy your child!" type webpages, shaking their hand, and introducing myself as living proof that they're wrong. i listen to whatever i want and i didnt shoot up a school or kill myself and i dont do drugs. anyone that knows me knows i'm not a bad person i just enjoy listening to a lot of bands that sing about evil, dark shit.

13point9

Now with Less Hair!
Reaction score
Agreed, when i was younger I was more extreme in my anti religion stance but now I just think whatever makes you happy so be it

Most bands just use satan as a metaphor anyway...

I love how the sample of the band is the most evil part of the song and they cut out just as the clean vocals start lol

SD83

Reaction score
:lol: I love stupid people

Only until they decide to put their ideas into other people's heads, make them believe what they say is 100% true when half of it really isn't (and they know that it's wrong/only a misleading part of the truth) and most of the other half they don't even know and just believe it's true.
As I only have the german version here I had to look it up so:
"six things the Lord hateth, and the seventh His soul detesteth.
[...]A lying tongue[...]A deceitful witness that uttereth lies[...]" Proverbs 6;16-19.
Let him who is without sin cast the first stone... I do believe that a lot of good things are written in the bible, and that parts of it can give a guideline to what I would consider a "better live", but with idiots like those people, how can anyone have any respect for that kind of people?
Funny thing is I remember a line from Jurassic Park (or one of the sequels/books) which said "90% of what people tell you is not true." And that is pretty close to the truth I believe :D

Evil7

LowCrushingMetal
Reaction score
there used to be a preacher that always stoped by my grandma's house.... He would always attack my views ..body piercings, and music... One day I let him listen to the first verse of a SoulFly song "fly High" ..... I paused the cd player right befor the chorus...
I asked the man what he thought the music sounded like...
He said "its sounds like demons screaming from the pits of hell". I said "Dont ever talk to me again" and pushed play for the chorus and walked way.

')