Gotoh trem GE1996T quality question. Is this normal?

• Thread starter MASS DEFECT
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Dumple Stilzkin

Pointy star bastard.
Reaction score
Gold version for comparison, there’s some on mine but nothing like yours.
B3554A0C-C4E0-4F93-AE31-B92E0D5FB889.jpeg
BF0D198D-C672-494F-9EE1-908ADDCC5712.jpeg

Before anyone asks, I did not put gold hardware on this. It came to me like this and I just don’t have replacement hardware yet, same for the stupid white Strat knobs.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

MASS DEFECT

SS.ORG Infiltrator
Reaction score
Gold version for comparison, there’s some on mine but nothing like yours. View attachment 146675View attachment 146676
Before anyone asks, I did not put gold hardware on this. It came to me like this and I just don’t have replacement hardware yet, same for the stupid white Strat knobs.

I'm ok with some kind of pitting. I understand that sometimes, it can't be helped on areas where the metal bends like yours. Mine has very deep pitting and it is very rough.

Nightside

I AM THE EMPEROR
Reaction score
Yeah this is giving me the willies because I've been thinking about getting a black GE1996T-33-B and I don't want to pay good money and wind up with some half assed bullshit like this and hassle with sending them back and forth until I get a cleaner looking one.

Seabeast2000

Deathcult® NPC
Reaction score
Are these worst cases finish issues or casting issues? Like the metal didn't pour right or the mold had material in it.

Drew

Forum MVP
Reaction score
Was my first thought actually. Upon further inspection, mine was a return sold as new. The bag for the screws was opened among other signs.
Even then, I'll stress I wouldn't be overly worried about the cosmetics, especially on the inside edges of the holes for the locking bolts like that. I'd instead be concerned that the plate might not be authentic, and it was a cheap and cheaply made knock-off that wouldn't wear nearly as well.

Latest posts

')