Graphtech Midi Volume Control?

StartocasterNoob

Reaction score
Hi guys, I'm new to the forum,

I've recently started building a parts caster and have come up against a problem with the midi part of my plan. Using a Graphtech Ghost Piezo pickup and 13 pin jack I'm confused about some of the electronics.

To save on controls knobs and switches I was wandering if it were possible to make or buy a push pull pot which can firstly controls midi volume and secondly when pulled up activate the circuitry. That is to say, when pushed down the signal cuts out so there is no midi signal sent to the 13 pin jack, and when pulled up the circuit is made and let through to the 13 pin jack. Is this possible? Either this way or the other way round (just thought this way is more convenient for playing.)?

I read somewhere that the 'taper' needs to be correct? Does this mean that the midi volume knob (on the Graphtech Ghost midi system) is just a normal 250k volume pot with some mods on it that I could also do myself to a normal 250k push pull pot?

I'm only using simple midi like a boss gr-20 pedal so I really don't have a clue about what is and isn't possible with midi electronics so sorry if this has been covered elsewhere (couldn't find it if so) and if it sounds really dumb. :wallbash:

Cheers for any help, Guys!

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

')