Great gear from your country.

• Thread starter SSK0909
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

SSK0909

Reaction score
I wanted to make a thread about some really great manufacturers of gear from our countries.

I just thought it would be cool to see what country produces what and perhaps it will broaden our gear horizon and bring about some new gas :D

Me, I'm form Denmark. I guess our biggest contribution to the music industry is inventing the speaker, you're welcome :D

Other than that, we are starting to make a name for our selves on the FX market, with Denmark producing some of the greatest boutique pedals out there. Here are some companys worth looking into.

TC Electronics: Mostly know for the G system, but they make some great stuff. The polytune pedal is awesome. Strum all your strings and tune them all at once.

Skrydstrup: Skrydstrup is the Soldano of pedals. He will make no compromise in quality and provides lifetime guarantee. The Edge from U2 and others have shifted to Skrydstrup and I'm told therye worth every penny.

Emma: Emma is a small company with the weirdest names for their pedals.
The most famous one being the ReezaFratzitz. It's so good that it's been compared to a JCM 800 in pedal form. I've owned this one myself and it's a crazy brilliant pedal.

T-Rex: T-Rex is mostly famous in Denmark as far as I'm aware, but they have worked with guys like Michael Angelo Battio. Most Danish rock and heavy bands own at least one T-rex pedal and they recieve much praise.

So.. lets share some gems :)

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Chickenhawk

A Bad Idea
Contributor
Reaction score
Well, the US has Mesa Boogie and Fractal Audio. Plus a few other no name companies :ugh:

Thanks for TC and T-Rex though :yesway:

drmosh

Sir Paul of the Mosh
Contributor
Reaction score
Well, my home, the UK most obviously has Marshall and dear to the heart of ss.org users, Bare Knuckle Pickups.
My current place of stay Munich, Bavaria has ENGL amps :)

SSK0909

Reaction score
Well, my home, the UK most obviously has Marshall and dear to the heart of ss.org users, Bare Knuckle Pickups.

Germany also has Diezel :)

Dont know much about other German gear though.. besides Behringer.

SSK0909

Reaction score
But I'm mostly thinking about less known gear :). Gear that might be really popular in your home country, but havent had the international breakthrough it deserves.

There are so many manufactureres out there, that we are bound to miss some real gems if we dont share :)

Albionic

First of the magi
Reaction score
lesser known gear from the uk kent armstrong pickups tony zematis guitars, roger mayer pedals, burns guitars.

SSK0909

Reaction score
lesser known gear from the uk kent armstrong pickups tony zematis guitars, roger mayer pedals, burns guitars.

Roger Mayer pedals are actually quite popular here :)

Burns, I know he made a Hank Marvin (Shadows) signature guitar, but not much else.

Rook

Electrifying
Reaction score

You also forgot the much loved Orange cabs.

See also BlackMachine, Jaden Rose, Ashdown/Hayden Amps + Pedals, Rotosound, Laney, Celestion and Blackstar.

JohnIce

Singlecoil Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sweden... we have Lundgren pickups, Elmwood amps, Strandberg guitars, Hagström (although they're made in Asia now). We also have True Temperament.

Toontrack who make Superior Drummer and EZDrummer are swedish aswell.

Andromalia

Pardon my french
Reaction score
Not so much gear from France, but some good guitar brands, Lag and Vigier being the most noticeable worldwide.

')