Great looking combo amps?

• Thread starter Deadpool_25
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

wheresthefbomb

Reaction score
279779261_10221334363972446_6028243427970396643_n.jpg

😢

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Deadpool_25

Gearwhore no more? Nope. Still a gearwhore. :(
Reaction score
Is that one of their acoustic amps? Class act.
Pretty sure its a Vypyr amp he rehoused, just muah.
Yeah I had a new cabinet built by BFG Cabs for my Vypyr 60. Came out just like I wanted just like everything he's built for me.

Edit: and I switched out the cheap looking stock knobs for Marshall style knobs.

ChrispyFinch

Reaction score
Posting and feeding my GAS at the same time!
This thing gives me nostalgia to my BludVoodoo stack. Eventually swapped the head for a JSX (which is still an insanely good amp).
So i figure a blue lonestar could be the best of all those things....
Dont try to convince me otherwise.
1665421029482.png

wheresthefbomb

Reaction score
This thing gives me nostalgia to my BludVoodoo stack. Eventually swapped the head for a JSX (which is still an insanely good amp).
View attachment 115622

I had a Vai Legacy 2 half stack in that same blue tolex, definitely a classy look.

Nightside

I AM THE EMPEROR
Reaction score
I know they are kind of plain, but I like the look of the silverface Fender combos -- super classic. Also lol, they always(!) get those little dents on the bottom lip of the faceplate.

View attachment 107319
I thought I was in a minority that prefers the silverface fenders. I want that custom 68 Princeton so fucking bad.

Reaction score
View attachment 115622
I payed one of those once, many years ago... sounded very nice with a sweet overdrive channel, probably more on the Rectifier vibe than on the Mark, but sweet...

BabUShka

Reaction score
View attachment 115622

I played a Lonestar once, ten years ago. Its still on my mind. Amazing amp!

Choop

uwu
Reaction score
I thought I was in a minority that prefers the silverface fenders. I want that custom 68 Princeton so fucking bad.

Yesss, I dig the teal accent colors too. I don't have a ton of hands-on experience with them aside from my girlfriend's Bassman Ten, but I've seen lots of bands live use them and they seem to always sound (and look) great.

Nightside

I AM THE EMPEROR
Reaction score
Yesss, I dig the teal accent colors too. I don't have a ton of hands-on experience with them aside from my girlfriend's Bassman Ten, but I've seen lots of bands live use them and they seem to always sound (and look) great.
I've played on the newer 68 amps in shops and I love them. I really like the spring reverb and built in tremolo effect.

')