Great looking combo amps?

• Thread starter Deadpool_25
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

CanserDYI

Yeah, No, Definitely.
Reaction score
What's that TV full of?

LOL, Pardon my internet sarcasm. I'm 41. I know what static is. However, there are people who may have never experienced it posting here.
I was quite perplexed but didn't want to offend anyone haha.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

SCJR

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Always thought these were classy as shit and obviously they sound great. Plus, 13 is a pretty significant number in a good way if you look past the pop-level taboo surrounding it in modern times.

Edited to get a working picture:
divided-by-13-cj11-black7.jpeg

wheresthefbomb

Reaction score
I know they are kind of plain, but I like the look of the silverface Fender combos -- super classic. Also lol, they always(!) get those little dents on the bottom lip of the faceplate.

View attachment 107319

Looking at this gives me the immediate sensation of "my ears hurt but it sounds too good to turn down."

Choop

uwu
Reaction score
Looking at this gives me the immediate sensation of "my ears hurt but it sounds too good to turn down."

Yissss, I'd love to own a Pro or Super Reverb -- still loud, but you could reasonably drive one at a gig vs trying to drive a Twin lol. My girlfriend has the 4x10 Bassman and it sounds great, too.

wheresthefbomb

Reaction score
Yissss, I'd love to own a Pro or Super Reverb -- still loud, but you could reasonably drive one at a gig vs trying to drive a Twin lol. My girlfriend has the 4x10 Bassman and it sounds great, too.

I passed on one of those 410 Bassman combos for $350 last summer, probs could've gotten it even cheaper. It was the right call financially but I still wish I'd gotten it, would've been such a cool companion to my Lab Series 410.

I used to play through a MM HD130 212, very similar design to the Twin but 130 fucking watts lmao. That thing was a firebreather with some Jensens in it. And yeah, I could either push the power amp or be friends with the sound guy, not both. :lol:

laxu

Reaction score
Holy Christ on a hot tin cross... Those Carr amps...
Too bad they look like a rat's nest + hot glue inside. For what they cost, I just don't want that. They are probably reliable and fine but I just don't want that kind of construction. I can just imagine the hot glue drying out, coming loose and rattling around.

')