Great news for jackson fans

• Thread starter 7STRINGWARRIOR
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Jongpil Yun

Contributor
Reaction score
If they make an alder 7 string with a maple or ebony f/b and non-EMG pickups, I'm selling my 7620. I could give a damn what shape it is.

Demeyes

Reaction score
I'd really hope these are neck through too. A soloist would be so great. :shred: If they come out like some of the stars models I've seen then these could be awesome.

Emperoff

Not using 5150s
Contributor
Reaction score
Just put in production the Jackson STARS line and I'll be goddamn happy :agreed:

psychoticsnoman

Reaction score
ok i have some news on this, the model is going to be a arch top soloist, definitely in hard tail and possibly some trem models, not sure about bolt on or neck-thru, Most likely neck through.

I say this because i also know that the almost all the pro and Mg models will now be available in neck-thru, and those two series will be merged into one

the js/x series will also be updated to American specs, which i comprehend as better pickups and hardware

so it looks like i might be buying a couple Jacksons when these come out

Celiak

Reaction score
That's awesome I've wanted another hardtail and I've always loved soloists, I'm hoping it's a neck through. I really hope they go with a 27" scale but that's a lot to wish for.

Kagami

Forum MVP
Reaction score
well if it's just a soloist flat/arch top that's rather boring although a definite improvement in their line as of late :lol: would love a V though

Ancestor

Contributor
Reaction score
if i dont get a v with a trem im going to deficate everywhere

For crying out loud, this is 2008! Give us a V, the RR, san dimas and a soloist. :realmad:

:lol:

red with maple boards and shark fins, white w/maple sf's!

:bowdown:

And to me, jackson=floyd.

blackout

Reaction score
ok i have some news on this, the model is going to be a arch top soloist, definitely in hard tail and possibly some trem models, not sure about bolt on or neck-thru, Most likely neck through.

I say this because i also know that the almost all the pro and Mg models will now be available in neck-thru, and those two series will be merged into one

the js/x series will also be updated to American specs, which i comprehend as better pickups and hardware

mmm, Dk2T + neck thru sounds sexy. And the hard tail seven, oh why does shit this always happen. I have money for a new guitar NOW, fuck 1st quarter:wallbash:

eaeolian

Pictures of guitars I don't even own anymore!
Super Moderator
Reaction score
That's awesome I've wanted another hardtail and I've always loved soloists, I'm hoping it's a neck through. I really hope they go with a 27" scale but that's a lot to wish for.

I'd find that unlikely at this point. Maybe if these sell well...

JJ Rodriguez

Contributor
Reaction score
I'd be down with a neck through soloist with a trem. Hard tail might even be okay for a backup guitar for the right price. Don't care about color (if the price is right) as long as it's not pink or something :lol:

sakeido

Contributor
Reaction score

Who are you hearing this from? It'd be great if it is true, I'd love another Jackson 7, but I don't want to get all excited for nothing.

Demeyes

Reaction score

If its called a Soloist it's going to be neck thru. Thats the difference between a Dinky and a Soloist. Dinkys are always bolt-on.
I'd like a hardtail Soloist, I like hardtails for my 7's because I can use other tuning a lot easier.

Where did you get this info anyway?

kmanick

Contributor
Reaction score
A 7 string soloist with an OFR would be nice.
I was playing my SL2H last night for a couple of hours and then picked up my Carvin and then my 7620.
As nice as those both are, the feel of the quality difference just jumped out at me ( as well as the playability) between my Jackson and my other guitars. :shred:

B Lopez

Vescere bracis meis.
Reaction score
I just hope I can get it in the erie swirl or whatever that paint scheme is.

noodles

Contributor
Reaction score
I'll file this under the "believe it when I see it" category, since in all my years playing Jackson, I have constantly been surprised by the company's ability to make disappointing business decisions.

')