Great Shred reference

• Thread starter kneeboarder52
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

WayneCustom7

Paolo
Contributor
Reaction score
Yeah and check out how fast Francesco Ferrari can plya...wowie! I know soam people don't care for it, but I think its cool!

Drew

Forum MVP
Reaction score
Francesco can't quite touch Rusty Cooley, though- for sheer "dear lord, honey, cover the children's eyes" shock effect, check out "The Seven Deadly Sins," particularly "Wrath."

-D

Metal Ken

Hates the Air
Contributor
Reaction score
i dunno dude, have you seen the videos of some of his stuff? like the SUspension video?

Drew

Forum MVP
Reaction score
yeah.

They're close enough that, honestly, if it came right down to it, I'd hate to call it one way or the other- both scare the crap out of me, but if you're ckeching out one, you should check out the other. My gut feeling is that Cooley's the faster of the two, but Ferari's been playinjg WAY less that Cooley, so time might change that.

-D

WayneCustom7

Paolo
Contributor
Reaction score
This is amazing :agreed: ...I posted Francesco's videos on a few other forums, and most people jumped on me for doing so, or atleast didn't find it of any use, f&*^ers! :nuts: Now at last I find people :cool: who appreciate these guys for what they are capable of...I'm gonna go and check out this Rusty Cooley...thanks!

Metal Ken

Hates the Air
Contributor
Reaction score
I still need to get a hold of Francesco's CD. i got Rusty's first one, its pretty badass.

WayneCustom7

Paolo
Contributor
Reaction score
Well I just watched some of his vids...amazing...man he looks tiny playing that 8 stinged monster, yet he sounds like a giant...as far as comparing...I think they are both SONIC DEMONS, definately not human!

Drew

Forum MVP
Reaction score
yep, agreed. ;)

Check out the Marcel Cohen lessons, there's a pentatonic lick he does that's pretty cool, off memory I think it's three-notes per string up and three-ish per string blues down- I like how he lays it out on the fretboard.

-D

Battle-axe

Reaction score
Yup, this site i just awsome.....have been going there for a year now and i jst love it.

Drew

Forum MVP
Reaction score
I've been meaning to buy the Rusty Cooley instructional DVD's- probably starting with "The Art of Picking" and going from there, as my picking technique is a joke. Good stuff.

-D

METAL_ZONE

Reaction score
great find!
394238023_s.gif

David

je t'aime
Contributor
Reaction score
Shane... Gibson...

and tom kopyto's on there too:), his lesson samples on there are pretty lame, but that dude can play! Someone here interviewed him.

Mark. A

gang* 4 lyfe
Contributor
Reaction score
I got Rob Johnson Shred tactics 1 and 2, all Rusty Cooley instructionals and all Francesco off that site.

On the way is Theodore Ziras's instructional, go to his site www.theodoreziras.com and download the videos hyper speed and sweep madness.

distressed_romeo

F'king ............
Forum MVP
Reaction score
Francesco's playing's improved tenfold since he made those videos. Check out his website and listen to the samples from his new album, and the stuff he's recorded with Kyle Honea; his tone and phrasing are lightyears ahead of what he displayed on his first album.
I think it's a shame he takes so much flack on the guitar forums (although by all accounts he's pretty good-natured about it) as he has some really cool, unique ideas. He just needs a little time to refine them more. Given a couple more years he should be a really monster player.

')