Great, straightforward, listenable metal albums

• Thread starter LamaSabachthani
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

LamaSabachthani

Reaction score
Ok, I recognize that this thread may be outrageously broad in it's scope and possibly superfluous in that it spans several genres but...

I threw on Digimortal while I was studying today and realized/remembered what a brilliant album it is. One of those albums where every song (or nearly every song) is easy to listen to. I'm not saying that every single song on there is necessarily 'good' or 'interesting' or 'thought-provoking' (I actually find the rapped sections on 'Back the Fuck Up' - as well as having a really gay title for a song - to be god-awful), but just easy to listen to and easy to rock out to.

Which albums do you guys know/feel are like this, where you can listen to it over and over again and not care that you know all the melodies and lyrics by heart?

PS I should point out, that's not how I feel necessarily about Digimortal - just that there were enough songs on it that were really good that it got me thinking about it. I would however say that one of my favorite albums to listen to (just because it's so damned listenable and the riffs memorable) would be The Blessed Hellride by Black Label Society. Never, ever get tired of listening to that album.

Anyways. Hope to get some good recommendations from you guys!

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Mordacain

Formerly 1-watt brigadier
Reaction score
Static Impulse - actually don't hate James LaBrie on this one. Lyrics are childish (as usual for JL) but the rest of it is pretty awesome. I can listen to it on repeat pretty much all day.

Any Tool album I can listen to on repeat (not really metal but close enough for this list).

I've been listening to Opeth's discography (from Blackwater Park on) on repeat every day at work the last week.

Guitarman700

Reaction score
Nevermore-Dead Heart In A Dead World

Warrel Dane-Praises To The War Machine

In Flames-Reroute to Remain

At The Gates-Slaughter Of The Soul

DLG

not guthrie govan
Reaction score
don't really understand what you are looking for.

I can listen to any of my favorite metal albums from start to finish any day. whether its sabbath, meshuggah or angra, there are some albums that connect just connect and stick with you.

Triple7

The Decepticon
Reaction score
Textures- Drawing Circles
Strapping Young Lad- Alien
Meshuggah- ObZen
Opeth- Ghost Reveries
Lamb Of God- Ashes Of The Wake

-42-

Nothing to see here
Reaction score
Sleep's Holy Mountain
Orange Goblin
Toner Low
Fu Manchu etc.
More or less the entire doom, stoner metal subgenre.

Bradd

Reaction score
Periphery - Periphery
Tesseract - Concealing Fate
Projekt Tile - SeeSaw ;)
The Empire Shall Fall - Awaken
Animals As Leaders - Animals As Leaders
Chaos Divine - Avalon
Protest The Hero - Fortress
Dream Theater - Train of Thought
Karnivool - ALL
Tool - ALL
Parkway Drive - Killing with A smile
Killswitch Engage - Alive or just breathing.

I know exactly what you mean mate, there are some albums where i just can't get into the "Whole" thing. however all of these i will listen to on repeat no worries. :)

Facebones

Reaction score
Dethklok: Dethalbum I and II

Dissection: Reinkaos

Symphony X: Paradise Lost

Arch Enemy: Doomsday Machine

LamaSabachthani

Reaction score
don't really understand what you are looking for.

I can listen to any of my favorite metal albums from start to finish any day. whether its sabbath, meshuggah or angra, there are some albums that connect just connect and stick with you.

Well that's what I meant haha.

There are various bands I love, but I find that not many of them have albums I can listen to through and through i.e. some of the songs stand out as filler... sort of.

USMarine75

Colorless green ideas sleep furiously
Contributor
Reaction score
  • Soil - Scars, Redefine, or True Self
  • Ill Nino - Confession
  • Nonpoint - Development, Miracle, Recoil, To the Pain
  • Red - End of Silence, Innocence and Instinct, Until We Have Faces
  • Soilwork - Stabbing the Drama
  • All That Remains - Overcome, For We Are Many, The Fall of Ideals
  • Megadeth - Rust in Peace
  • In Flames - Reroute, Come Clarity, Sense of Purpose, Soundtrack to Your Escape
I never skip any tracks on these... Nonpoint, Red, and Soil aren't the best bands per se, but they make great albums (IMO)...

themike

Chug Life
Reaction score
Trivium - Ascendancy

You know, I've always felt this way but gotten a lot of shit. Its a straight forward, solid metal disc. Thats it - no tricks or gimmicks, just a great example of all the musical textures a metal CD can cover. :agreed:

Randy

✝✝✝
Super Moderator
Reaction score
James LaBrie - Static Impulse is pretty straightforward but holds my attention throughout. All the songs are good and the way they have it arranged, you get some medium paced songs to break up the quicker ones and vice versa.

USMarine75

Contributor
Reaction score
James LaBrie - Static Impulse is pretty straightforward but holds my attention throughout. All the songs are good and the way they have it arranged, you get some medium paced songs to break up the quicker ones and vice versa.

Haha!!! I'm listening to Freaks right now wtf. I put Static Impulse and Elements of Pursuasion in my post at first and then deleted them because I figured everyone else prob hated them lol. I'm not a big DT fan, not a fan of Labrie's singing actually, but I really enjoy his solo work for some reason. I know so many people that hate on it...

USMarine75

Contributor
Reaction score
Challenge accepted...

guns_n_roses_-_appetite_for_destruction.jpg

')