Greatest death metal guitarist

• Thread starter Murder Soul
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Bcoble0927

Reaction score
mahummed, Karl Sanders he's a great composer, listen to his saurian meditation and all of niles stuff is great, and Pat O' Brien

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

SeanC

loves metal
Reaction score
I wish I had more to offer this thread than just saying that Chuck Schuldiner is the man....

...but I don't, so :fawk: Chuck rules.

Reaction score
also casey robertson of the band fleshtized. he picks 6 notes a beat at 180 bpm. i saw it with my own eyes. truly one of the greatest unknown players.

Unknown Doodl3.2

look at each other..
Reaction score
I don't know if it was Noodles or whoever when to the Necro concert said that their other guitarist is actually better than Muhammed. He posted some videos, and I have to agree. But then again, he did write Onset Of Putrefaction, which may I add is the most br00tall album of the decade.

Karl is a pretty good player, but I wouldn't call him the "Best".

Sami might play with a smoother style then muhammed. But muhammed is more impressive to watch in my opinion; and he didn't just write onset... he wrote everything necrophagist had ever played. Excluding Symbiotic in Theory, which was partly written by christian, which is also IMO they're crappiest song ever. However, that doesn't take away from the fact that it still kick ass! :)

Karl Sanders has a lot more then technical ability going for him. The guy just envisions compositions. I wouldn't say kalr is best either, but he's certainly in the elite group and I'd definitely call Dallas and Karl the greatest duo in death metal at the moment.

I'd also like to give Luc Lemay honorable mention. Whoever wrote "Obscura" needs some sort of attention... ;)

hunter75

Reaction score
Pat O'Brien...why no one else has really mentioned him is uknown check the vid for frantic disembowlment, and I'll wack Chuck in because he got me into death metal \m/

Michael

Forum MVP
Reaction score
MA7.jpg

\m/

drawnQ

Reaction score
1 - Pat O'Brien
2 - Chuck RIP
3 - james murphy
4 - both dying fetus guitar players
5 - Revolving door of cryptopsy members

asmegin_slayer

cali-cornia bluffer
Reaction score
Not in Order

The guys from vile, "Deafening Silence" is an awesome song.
DSC00796.jpg
IMG_2215.jpg

Chuck of course
Chuck_Schuldiner-12383.jpg

Jack Owens, I've always liked his style over Pat O'Brien, he added something different on the table when he was still with cannibal corpse.

Deicide%205-31-05%20-11.JPG

Trey Azagthoth

Trey_Azagthoth-1662.jpg

And ofcourse, Muhammed

necrophagist.jpg

Crucified

Deathgrind Maniac
Reaction score
Pat O'Brien/jack owen together.

I honestly don't consider death to be death metal, They were always a thrash band to me. i'd go on big thrash kicks with them and anthrax and sepultura and shit.
Death metal me is more along the other guys in here like nile, cannibal corpse, morbid angel, obituary and shit. Could just be splitting hairs here though.

Jerich

Contributor
Reaction score
JJ from Vile/Devine Rapture..and Monstrosity touring guitarist is a friend of mine he is as good a drummer as guitarist!! and a Killer dude...just so you all know it!!!

Bob Vigna IMMOLATION
Eric Rutan-hate eternal
Brian Griffin-Broken Hope
Luc Lemay-Gorguts/Negativa
James Murphy-everything he's done..
Bill Steer-CARCASS
KARL SANDERS-Nile

Shawn

ESP • Ibanez
Forum MVP
Reaction score
After watching the Vital Remains dvd, I have to mention Dave Suzuki too, the guy shreds. :hbang:

CondemnedInfect

Reaction score
I'm surprised that only 2 people have mentioned Luc Lemay as being incredible.
Id have to say
Chuck
[SIZE=-1]Muhammed[/SIZE]
Luc Lemay
Karl Sanders
also id have to say that i just saw decrepit birth and that even tho they arent the greatest, Matt Sotelo and the Odious Mortem guitarists are absolutely amazing and everyone should check them out.

')