Green Rhino opinions

stevemcqueen

Namby Pamby
Reaction score
I did some research on here to make sure this into wasn't already out there but didn't find very much info. I am considering getting the Way Huge Green Rhino pedal to boost my tube amp. I was in Guitar Center and this guy was insisting that it was just as good as the TS808 so now I am just trying to find people that currently own or have used them extensively and get their opinions on it.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Dead Undead

New again
Reaction score
It's an excellent pedal! I love mine to death. It works really well as a boost and it really shines on its own. The 100hz cut/boost is a really useful tool. The "curve" control, which is basically a mid-sweep (high to low) control, isn't quite as usable, but I found it can help cut out some fizz. The quality is excellent for the price and it'll last you a good while. I would look for a power adapter for it.

Strobe

Reaction score
If you are looking at a good cheap alternative to the 808, look to the BBE green screamer as well. There have been a lot of sales on them lately. To me, it sounds a lot like an 808, and it is true bypass. I might even call it better, but doing so would be sacrilegious in these parts.

asmegin_slayer

cali-cornia bluffer
Reaction score
It's an excellent pedal! I love mine to death. It works really well as a boost and it really shines on its own. The 100hz cut/boost is a really useful tool. The "curve" control, which is basically a mid-sweep (high to low) control, isn't quite as usable, but I found it can help cut out some fizz. The quality is excellent for the price and it'll last you a good while. I would look for a power adapter for it.

This!! I have one myself and it has become a part of my official rig. Get one, its damn versatile with those extra controls.

Latest posts

')