Greetings from Finland!

Tatu Aleksi

Reaction score
Hello! I'm Tatu Kauppinen, 25, from Jyväskylä, Finland. I'm new to the forum as a member, but have been reading some gear reviews from here. I've just started an instrumental prog metal/djent solo project as Tatu Aleksi, and I'm here to both promote my music and also to create network around like-minded musicians for possible guest solos etc :)

I tend to like progressive music, everything from jazzy stuff (Snarky Puppy + associated acts etc) to rock (Pink Floyd, Steven Wilson) to metal (Periphery, Tesseract, David Maxim Micic...). I think I'm pretty open minded to most kinds of music but it has to be well produced to make an impression to me.

I play 6- and 7-string guitars, 5-string bass and I have two acoustic guitars. Some of my personal preferences are BKP pickups (Juggernaut & Black Hawk), Martin acoustic guitars and I also really like the sound of single coils (or split coils on my BKP humbuckers) as a part of high gain playing.

There's something about me, let's share some thoughts on the forum :) Anybody else with unusual interests like djenting with single coils?

-Tatu

Kaura

Je suis ketchup
Reaction score
There's something about me, let's share some thoughts on the forum :) Anybody else with unusual interests like djenting with single coils?
-Tatu

Hell yeah, dude! I just got some Dimarzios installed on my Fender Mustang (see avatar) a couple of weeks ago and it's a total djent machine now.

And of course, tervetulloo! :D

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Tatu Aleksi

Reaction score
Never tried a djenty mustang in my life, but sounds cool! The clean sound in those is usually pretty nice :)