Greetings from Michigan, the Great Lake State

• Thread starter BryGuy
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

BryGuy

Reaction score
I'm Bryan.

I play a six-string acoustic, and I've been playing for a couple years. I'm DYING to get another acoustic and a electric. I want to learn DADGAD and some other open tunings, so I'd have my second guitar in DADGAD mostly, for sanity sake. I've stuck with folk most of the time but I recently have been spreading my wings. Let's just say Cid helped put things into perspective for me. :donnie:
Favourite Musicians/Bands:
Father John Misty - Josh Tilman
Com Truise
Gillian Welch
Kevin Devine
The Tallest Man on Earth
TV on the Radio
Clubfeet
Darwin Deez
Boards of Canada
Kid Cudi

Favourite chords:
F#/Gb9
A7
F# m7#5.......?

Been in love with that last chord for awhile, I'm curious as to what it actually is. I tried reverse look up and found these as possibilities:

D add9
F# m7#5
A6sus4
Dadd2/A
F#m7#5/A
E9sus4no5/A

This is what I'm actually playing, a Dsus2 with a F# on D.

e---0
B---3
G---2
D---4
A---0
E---x

Any help on what it really is called would be greatly appreciated and if there is anything I can do to help someone else, please don't be afraid to ask. I won't bite. :3 Thanks for taking the time to read about me. I look forward to getting to know all of you as I progress as a self-actualized person and as a guitar player.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

skeels

..to pay the beels
Reaction score
Welcome aboard Bry!

I call that chord "Jimmy".

That may not be the technical name for it though.

')