Greetings from Western Australia

• Thread starter jarrydn
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

jarrydn

G'day mate D:
Reaction score
Hey guys, been lurking here for a while, it's an awesome forum. I especially love all the mods and builds you guys do, top stuff :)

Anyway, I'm 19, studying computer science, and playing guitar in a couple of death metal bands. I do own a 7 string, though I use the term "7 string" in the loosest way possible. Yes, I own the highly coveted harley benton 7 string. Contrary to popular belief, it doesn't fail totally. It just fails on a few levels. The bridge and pickups are dogshit, and the frets need a level + crown...but it's a decent foundation for an interesting project guitar, if you feel so inclined. Plus it was only $200.

I'd really like to get myself a 1527 or something similar, but you know...the whole "poor student" thing kind of prevents me from doing that, at least for the time being.

Anyway, enough of this essay!

:D

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Seven

Contributor
Reaction score
Welcom to the the forum! Your death metal track in the other thread was great.

Sebastian

Reaction score
Welcome :metal: this palce rules

besides 7 string is a 7.. even if its Harley B.

jarrydn

G'day mate D:
Reaction score
VEGETATHEPUPPET said:
Welcome :metal: this palce rules

besides 7 string is a 7.. even if its Harley B.

Tis true...a 7 is indeed a 7. I've got some reasonably big plans for the HB...the neck and body are actually quite OK (apart from the horrific cavity routing), so I'm essentially going to replace the pickups (I'm just going to go for one bucker at the bridge...no farting around with neck pups :)), tuners and bridge (convert it to a hardtail. We've done a hardtail conversion before and it turned out great)...with some modding to the headstock (I'm thinking maybe 4 on one side, 3 on the other, as opposed to 7 inline), and a new lick of paint. I'm thinking bright pink with sparkles. Am open to suggestion of course ;D

And chris, thanks for the welcome :). It's nice to be aknowledged by a moderator ^_^

Chris

Forum MVP
Reaction score
Hey! I'm not a moderator, I'm the admin. The mods do things like wash my car, tidy up my office and bring me coffee. ;)

Leon

{##[====:::.
Contributor
Reaction score
:wavey:
Perth, eh? they have a pretty nice observatory facility there.

Black Watch

Contributor
Reaction score
Welcome to the forums. To be honest the quality of your gear is not the deciding factor in your ability to make compelling music. If you take a look at the stone age stuff that folks used 30 years ago, they still found ways to sound good and write songs that you can still enjoy all this time after.

As a fellow computer guy I will tell you that most likely the money to buy better gear will come in time, so work on your chops now and you will be glad you did. Also our industry tends to (at least in the US) suck up vast amounts of your time, so if you are really keen to play make sure you set asside time to practice or it may get left in the dust for things like kids, or meeting deadlines (I speak from experience).

Welcome to the boards, this is a great place to meet players and get better.

jarrydn

G'day mate D:
Reaction score
Thanks guys :)

Black Watch, apparenty, around the time I finish my degree, there's going to be a supposed boom in the IT industry over here. Fingers crossed X-)

irg7620

zombie
Reaction score
hey!! welcome aboard. you aussie's are cool people. i just watched the Discovery Atlas for your country. cool stuff. aboriginie's (spelling?) are cool people too. i have listened to a couple of death metal bands from there and would love to hear some more. good luck in school and don't forget to play. this forum will give you alot of good information. good luck, man!!

b3n

...Is unacceptable.
Contributor
Reaction score
Wow there are getting to be a few Aussies around here...

We may just have the most 7s per capita...

Anyway, welcome.

')