Greg Howe is now with Carvin (24 Fret Bolt-On Coming)

Fathand

Tube Snake Boogie
Reaction score
Wonder if it'd be cheaper to take a trip to the US and pick up a guitar? :)

How much of a pain is it to travel internationally with a guitar? Seems to have gotten a little nicer in the US with certain airlines allowing you to have it as a carry on.

A few years back, when the €/$ rate was in the 1,5-16 (that's 1,6 dollars per one Euro) range, I actually considered going to the states to pick up a bass. It was also the time of cheapo flights, so the travel cost + buying a bit more expensive bass direct and bringing it back with me was a viable option (and spend a nice weekend in the NYC area as a bonus). Decided to save my money in that case, though - but theoretically you could have done that. Not so much nowadays. :/

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

HeHasTheJazzHands

Reaction score
If by "standard bolt" you mean the one with the pickguard, I'm interested. I've always wanted to see someone make a 24-fret, pickguarded Superstrat that wasn't rare as .... to find. :lol:

Overtone

Reaction score
Wonder if it'd be cheaper to take a trip to the US and pick up a guitar? :)

How much of a pain is it to travel internationally with a guitar? Seems to have gotten a little nicer in the US with certain airlines allowing you to have it as a carry on.

It easily could be or at least you'd get a fun trip out of it for the same price. But I think it'll be tricky to make good on the 10 day satisfaction guarantee. You would have to time the trip really well. If the guitar has to go back for one reason or another, you are kinda in trouble. It won't make sense anymore if you have to make a second trip. On the other hand if you take a cash refund for the guitar nobody is refunding your airfare...

')