Griffen pedal mods?

johnythehero

The kid
Reaction score
Well one of my friends got a modded pedal off of craigslist and it sounded leages better then the original (ts9 can't remember who modded it) so I looked on youtube for some mods on the Boss MT-2 (metalzone). I always thought it sounded weak and fizzy(ish) so looked through a few and came across this one.

The mod is 30 bucks if you know how to do it yourself and my dad has some experience in saudering and stuff. So I am wondering if you guys think the money is worth it and if it might be out of my dads league to mod this pedal.

Heres the guys website too.
Griffin Effects - Effects pedals, Mods, Repair, Custom work at Griffin Effects : Custom Pedals, Modification Kits and Pre-Modified Pedals

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

MaxOfMetal

Likes trem wankery.
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Modded MT-2s are actually pretty sick. It's what Cannibal Corpse use to hit the front end of their Mesas. If your dad can solder and follow basic instructions he should be able to do it no problem.

MaxOfMetal

Likes trem wankery.
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Look into the Twilight mod by Robert Keeley for MT-2s. I've played a couple and they really open the pedal up.

')