Groovy flamenco song

greatusername

Reaction score
I'm searching a groovy flamenco song(that is pretty up tempo) to play on my classical guitar, not really my normal genre but I'd like to work on flamenco techniques. If you could include a link to a sheet music it would be appraciate. Thanks lot.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

xzyryabx

Reaction score
Don't have any tabs, but look into Vicente Amigo (he played on a Chambao album, and it freaking rocks!). More modern than Paco and tomatito, however you should check out all three (newer stuff for Paco for something down your alley)

chopeth

Reaction score
You'll love this one, a friend of mine played it, I think it's not very difficult but I don't have tabs or anything like that:

KnightBrolaire

Pickup Connoisseur
Reaction score
Would definitely recommend checking out learning how to play Soleares/Malaguena song forms (there's tons of variations of them but most sound pretty cool). Any particular technique you're interested in?

Dyingsea

Reaction score
You'll love this one, a friend of mine played it, I think it's not very difficult but I don't have tabs or anything like that:

Understatement of the year. I don't guess you've ever tried to play flamenco before let alone a Vicente piece. Flamenco is one of the hardest styles you will ever try to plan on any instrument period. You don't start with pieces from guys who have lived the instrument and culture for 30+ years.

To the OP, try to find a very basic rumba. It's not flamenco per-se but it's 4/4 and will feel similar to what you know. It has as groove and will get you into basic rasgueado's.

chopeth

Reaction score
Understatement of the year. I don't guess you've ever tried to play flamenco before let alone a Vicente piece. Flamenco is one of the hardest styles you will ever try to plan on any instrument period. You don't start with pieces from guys who have lived the instrument and culture for 30+ years.

To the OP, try to find a very basic rumba. It's not flamenco per-se but it's 4/4 and will feel similar to what you know. It has as groove and will get you into basic rasgueado's.

Easy your bile, dude. Was I trying to tel lyou something about fricking country music? Don't come to me that way, I have tried playing flamenco since I'm a child, in fact I know how to rake a little bit of buleria, I have a few friends which are proficient playing flamenco, and finally I lived all my life where flamenco was invented, south of Spain, Andalucía, so I think I know a little bit about what I'm talking about.

If the OP wants to learn flamenco, let him do that, he didn't say anything about rumba. First thing when you want to learn something you have to get acquainted with it, so let him listen to Vicente Amigo, Raimundo Amador, Paco de Lucía, Tomatito, Manolo Sanlucar. After that, being able to differ from the different "palos" and tried a few licks, I'd recommend a couple of methods, though the best way is to get a good teacher if he wants to take it seriously.

OP, if you want more info, write a PM to me.

Dyingsea

Reaction score
Easy your bile, dude. Was I trying to tel lyou something about fricking country music? Don't come to me that way, I have tried playing flamenco since I'm a child, in fact I know how to rake a little bit of buleria, I have a few friends which are proficient playing flamenco, and finally I lived all my life where flamenco was invented, south of Spain, Andalucía, so I think I know a little bit about what I'm talking about.

If the OP wants to learn flamenco, let him do that, he didn't say anything about rumba. First thing when you want to learn something you have to get acquainted with it, so let him listen to Vicente Amigo, Raimundo Amador, Paco de Lucía, Tomatito, Manolo Sanlucar. After that, being able to differ from the different "palos" and tried a few licks, I'd recommend a couple of methods, though the best way is to get a good teacher if he wants to take it seriously.

OP, if you want more info, write a PM to me.

I think you have to be conscious of the art here and agree that a teacher is best. Your comment of "doesn't sound too hard" is really downplaying what that piece is and flamenco in general pretty heavily. You recommended a Vicente piece that someone playing 10 years would still have trouble on in regards to the speedy picado sections. Doesn't matter where you live, most in Spain aren't interested in flamenco and it's a lost past time and by no means makes anyone knowledgeable of the art without extensive study. Same reason you don't see me go around talking about country music yet somehow in your mind I am an expert because of my location. Though I will discuss flamenco since I've been studying it for years.

Stan P

Reaction score
I would agree with a rumba recommendations , maybe something by Ojos de Brujo would be a good way into flamenco, bit easier than true staff, but still less pop than Gypsy Kings.

')