Ground Question

• Thread starter Philligan
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Philligan

The White-Knuckler
Contributor
Reaction score
I've been thinking about putting the M8/Q-Tuner combo in my Damien 8 for a while now (actually, I had it planned before I got an 8, really :lol:) and seeing mrhankey's 8 isn't helping me resist the temptation :yesway: haha.

My question is, since the Damien comes with EMGs, they won't be ground to the bridge, and I'd like to avoid routing out my guitar if at all possible (mainly because there's not anyone nearby that I would really trust to do it) and I don't have a buttload of money. I know a couple people have put passives in other Agiles/Ibbys.

Anyone have any ideas?

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

lctdmf

Reaction score
Take the bridge off, drill a hole going from underneath the bridge in to the control cavity. Put a bare wire going through and wire it to a pot, and just have the bridge hold the wire in place when you screw it down.

TMM

UUDDLRLRBAStart
Reaction score
Does the Damien 8 come with active or passive EMGs?

Philligan

The White-Knuckler
Contributor
Reaction score
Awesome, thanks. I wanna see if I can avoid that haha, but it doesn't look like it. If I can find the tools, I might just to it myself.

Does the Damien 8 come with active or passive EMGs?

Actives. They're the 808s. I'm torn between the M8/Q-Tuner and Blackouts. I like the 808s, but I've heard awesome things about the Blackouts, and the M8/Q-T kinda speak for themselves haha.

')