Guerilla Guitars

• Thread starter gothmonkey
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Trespass

AEADGBEA
Reaction score
The 8 string just looks like an RG2228. Besides having a trem.

And I think we can all agree, the RG2228 is very bland looking.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Apophis

Banned
Reaction score
This is almost like 2228, but "almost" makea a big difference :lol:

gothmonkey

Reaction score
here are some better pics of the M-7 Tank

Attachments

• M7FRONT.JPG
    M7FRONT.JPG
    883.2 KB · Views: 87
  • M7BACK.JPG
    M7BACK.JPG
    787.2 KB · Views: 58
  • M7HEAD.JPG
    M7HEAD.JPG
    833.7 KB · Views: 49
  • M7SIDE.JPG
    M7SIDE.JPG
    719.4 KB · Views: 47
  • M7TOP.JPG
    M7TOP.JPG
    856.8 KB · Views: 62

technomancer

Gearus Pimptasticus
Super Moderator
Reaction score
The finish is neat, but the design isn't my thing :shrug:

That and making a neck through with basswood just seems like a waste of time.

gothmonkey

Reaction score
well to each his own

i personally i love the look of the guitar and the tone is tremendous

i never thought id find a guitar that sounds better than my hellraiser until i played this guitar

i personally have no objections for basswood guitars, i have mahogany and basswood guitars and i havent had any qualms about neither, except for mahogany being a lot heavier

D

Desecrated

Who gives a fuck about how the upper horn or the headstock looks like, it's not like that's going to affect the tone :rant:

gothmonkey

Reaction score
Who gives a fuck about how the upper horn or the headstock looks like, it's not like that's going to affect the tone :rant:

when hes right hes right lol

in the end its the tone that matters

and this bad boy has got tone up to ying yang! :shred: :shred: :shred:

Shinx

Reaction score
"Yes you heard correct it is a neck through and we must say that it blows away any other 8 string out there"

Bold claim, although I guess they have to hype their own stuff

Abhorred

Reaction score
I would love to support a local guy when I go for my 8 string, but those prices for what is effectively a 2228 clone just don't jive with me.

They look cool enough, although the horn cut seems a bit odd in my eyes. All the same, I wish him success - Canada doesn't have enough ERG makers.

zimbloth

Nick // Axe Palace
Vendor
Forum MVP
Reaction score
Seems that they're using Ion Dissonance's name as a means to support themselves. The guitars do look as if there was a CNC mistake.

Yeah because every guitar manufacturer in the universe doesn't hype up their artists to sell their products too. :rolleyes:

CoachZ

Needs guitar skills
Reaction score
Yeah because every guitar manufacturer in the universe doesn't hype up their artists to sell their products too. :rolleyes:

That's true but there's nothing that sets these dudes apart from what's readily available.

That's like people getting excited for a non-beveled Carvin that looks like somebody bumped into the machine while routing. I just see nothing that makes them worthwhile aside from just providing guitars from a local band.

zimbloth

Nick // Axe Palace
Vendor
Forum MVP
Reaction score
That's true but there's nothing that sets these dudes apart from what's readily available.

That's like people getting excited for a non-beveled Carvin that looks like somebody bumped into the machine while routing. I just see nothing that makes them worthwhile aside from just providing guitars from a local band.

You could say that about anything dude. What's to get excited about the run of the mill Ibanez they put out every year? Yet, people do. So, it's fine you know?

I have no opinion on Guerrilla guitars, it's just you made a comment that applies to literally every guitar manufacturer on Earth. Where would ESP be without Metallica, Slayer or Lynch? Where would Jackson be without Randy Rhoads (they wouldn't exist probably). Even small builders like KxK or Bernie Rico Jr splatter the names of bands like Nile and Exodus all over their pages. I don't see what the problem is :)

JJ Rodriguez

Contributor
Reaction score

When you're paying upwards of $2000 or more for an instrument, I think it's fair to nitpick whatever you want, because chances are there's someone else who will build it for you the way you want. Maybe this guy will too, I don't know :shrug: But the upper horn wouldn't be so bad if the dude had made the rest of the body match somehow, like do the same CNC machine fuckup to the lower horn as well :lol: There's nothing to be said for the headstock though....

RGmaster

Reaction score
Yea im sure its at least half decent, but like others said its like a deformed rg body style. Dont really care for it myself i like smooth curves like the rg, but its unique no doubt.

Apophis

Banned
Reaction score
I agree with JJ, this upper horn is just awfull, doesn't match with nothing in the rest of the guitar.

HighGain510

Contributor
Reaction score
Add me to the group of "not a fan of the body and headstock carves" here. :shrug: It looks like the guy just took a table saw to carve the edges! :lol: I prefer (please note, this is my opinion... you don't have to keep writing "to each his own!" as if you're defending the company or something... :lol: ;)) a finished guitar to have a more polished look and slightly more "sexy" carves than just several angular cuts for edges, but that's just me. :wub:

XEN

BEYOND 6UITAR & B4SS
Contributor
Reaction score
I could remotely get past the fugliness of the horns if the 8 string had a straight string pull and the logo ran parallel to the strings. It's basically a reverse headstock that got it's tip lopped off and 4 tuning gears added to the left side. Lazy design work.

')