Guess the amp and stuff

• Thread starter Steinmetzify
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Steinmetzify

CHUG & SLUDGE
Reaction score
Messing around with a bunch of stuff. Brought my Ibby RGA121 to my buddy’s place for him to check out. He’s a dyed in the wool ESP fan but he dug it.

RGA121 with Black Winters and?

Post what you think below. I’ll give it 24 hours or so.

Reactions: drb

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Edika

Reaction score
I can't really tell honestly. Sounds like a C or B tuned guitar (I think) and the amp, while massive, sounds tight. That would be Recto terittory but doesn't have the sag. So something like an Archon maybe?

Whatever it is it sounds great lol!

narad

Progressive metal and politics
Reaction score
I can't really tell honestly. Sounds like a C or B tuned guitar (I think) and the amp, while massive, sounds tight. That would be Recto terittory but doesn't have the sag. So something like an Archon maybe?

Whatever it is it sounds great lol!

My boosted Rev F is definitely in that zone. I was actually thinking Recto > Uber > Archon, but after going to youtube to listen to some Archon clips I figured I'd just go all-in on Recto :D Though I think they were in standard tuning, and still different eq settings possible, but I thought the Archon had more mid-mids/upper-mids.

CanserDYI

Yeah, No, Definitely.
Reaction score
From a phone mic it definitely sounds Recto veined to me too.

And my thoughts exactly @Demiurge, I'm guessing we're all gonna be "recto! Archon! Diezel!" And he's gonna say "Peavey Vypyr 50" lol

4Eyes

Reaction score
is it Marshall MS-2 plugged into external cab?

youngthrasher9

Ur Mom Is Too Much Gain
Reaction score
I’m gonna guess Diezel Einstein with a boost OR an orange dark terror. I don’t personally think it’s a recto unless it’s a mini rec.

bostjan

MicroMetal
Contributor
Reaction score
Through cell phone mic, it sounds like a Line6. IDK, maybe a MESA, maybe a VHT with a drive in front, maybe even a Peavey. I'd go out on a limb and say it's definitely not a Marshall or an Orange unless it's been mod'ed or has 6L6's or somesort of midrange tricks going on.

The real puzzle, though, is what you two are saying to each other. :lol:

narad

Progressive metal and politics
Reaction score
Ha. Sorry guys, got busy, had a bday etc

Was my Herbert

Interesting. I guess that could make sense since the single notes had a certain tonality that I don't think is spot-on recto, but then the low end seemed pretty loose to be a Diezel anything.

Steinmetzify

CHUG & SLUDGE
Reaction score
Interesting. I guess that could make sense since the single notes had a certain tonality that I don't think is spot-on recto, but then the low end seemed pretty loose to be a Diezel anything.

Ha….we usually use that amp for doom….boost ch 2+ and then a BAT Pharaoh after that; I’m used to it being way looser, so with those pickups it sounded really tight to me compared to what it normally sounds like lol

')