Guilty Pleasure Bands?

• Thread starter JosephAOI
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

CrownofWorms

Reaction score
Anime music and JRPG music. I'm a sucker if I fall in love with the game and/or anime

This is not even close to a guilty pleasure. Fuck it's jazz

Ok it's rap, but fuck it it's good

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

MartinMTL

Reaction score
If this means guilty pleasure with respect to metal then there are a lot actually...

Stan Getz
John Coltrane
Al Jarreau
Amel Larreiux (sp?)
Mariah Carey
Black Uhuru
Buju Banton
Kruder and Dorfmeister
Herbie Hancock
Thelonius Monk (sp?)
Miles Davis
Bobby McFerrin
Shpongle
Entheogenic
Arrested Development
Das Efx...

Goes on and on and on...

If some of the greatest musicians in recent times are guilty pleasures in respect to metal... well I just really don't want to have anything to do with metal. Really man?

Brodessa

Like a Lion.
Reaction score
I usually don't like to admit I like bands like Fall Out Boy, Flyleaf, or Panic! At The Disco, but I do. And generally, if somebody I don't know too well asks what I'm listening to... and it just so happens to be something like Ghosting by Freelance Whales.. I'll go to my iTunes and change to something very, very heavy.
"What're you listening to?"
"Ohhhh, just Force Fed Trauma by Through the Eyes of the Dead."
Gotta keep it BR00TALL. \m/

troyguitar

Reaction score
I like the fact that we get to listen to Christmas songs for the next month, especially Mariah Carey singing All I Want For Christmas Is You. She's ridiculously awesome, too bad I don't like most of her music :lol:

Beats the hell out of the normal pop crap.

JosephAOI

Thinks Jazz = Metal
Reaction score
Wolves in the Throne Room
Obscura
Quo Vadis
Between the Buried and Me

Drudkh
Ne Obliviscaris
Weezer

I lurk 235 a lot.

I don't think you're on the right website if you're embarrassed by Prog, Black Metal, and Tech Death...

bamfrosty

Reaction score
I don't think you're on the right website if you're embarrassed by Prog, Black Metal, and Tech Death...

I'm not inherently embarrassed by those three genres, just fruity bands like the ones I mentioned. I still enjoy listening to them, but they're pretty silly nonetheless. I'm poking fun at myself.

Andromalia

Pardon my french
Reaction score

Don't ask me how that tape ended up in France in 1990. /shrug. My band's guitarist then had it and we rehearsed it, we're not practicing catholics or anything even. Sort of stuck and reminds me of high school days now.

')