Guilty Pleasure Bands?

• Thread starter JosephAOI
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Metallica ... they suck really bad now, but I've always loved em regardless, because for a brief period of time they were unstoppable and influenced half the music I like. I still love/hate em though ... no class ... just riding the coat tails of the past ... and a past that was real promising compared to what they deliver now a days. And for them to be the metal icons that they are, they should be a little bit more pro metal, orion fest was all punk bands a few select metal bands, and dont even get me started on the big 4 ... so many other bands that were worthy than them. :metal::shred::metal:

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

matt397

Tr00f
Reaction score
Loverboy-get-lucky.jpg

heregoesnothing

SS.org nub
Reaction score
Avenged Sevenfold.
(I really dig Syn's playing to be perfectly honest, his lead works in "The Wicked End" are pretty fantastic imo (and this is coming from a fan of people like Guthrie Govan, Petrucci, Lane :lol:))

listen to 2:40 - 3:32

Yes, i know he's sloppy

ilyti

Lazy Ryebread Viking
Reaction score
Almost everybody I've had this conversation with LOVES 80s hair metal, but is reluctant to admit it. So I make it a point to mention it right away.

Funleash

Reaction score
Well, I don't really feel "guilty" about listening to a certain band, but I know Disturbed and Blessed by a Broken Heart would probably fall into this category.

I still jam Ten Thousand Fists pretty often. Honestly one of my favorite albums of the 00's.

CrownofWorms

Reaction score
I'm not really embarrassed. Most of you guys will say that this is nothing embarrassing and its kick ass. IDK why these are guilty pleasures to me. Different bands that have a different style? No. Not Trve? Maybe Trust me , I don't think these are guilty pleasures and I still feel it's unpopular. Just not my cup of tea all the time

Now SS won't be surprising. Almost up there with bands like Suffocation and Devourment. But kinda more accessible (except the Cleansing album and there EP), Still brutal . most of the Hot Topic fanbase obscures the bands presence to most metalheads.

I just found em out mainly cus Elliot that was in Tesseract was in here. Oh, and the guitar playing reminds me of Guthrie Govan

Radiohead has always been a like for me

Deftones last album is amazing

Good music is Good Music to your ears

axxessdenied

Arium Addict
Reaction score
I jammed out to that new justin beiber song, as long as you love me on the radio.... I know... :( Please keep the negative rep to a minimum :rofl:

teamSKDM

Reaction score
Im typically a techdeath/ heavy prog kind of guy. however, i love cocorosie, i love mumford and sons. animals as leaders softest stuff is my favorite. love tool, and love karnivool. and linkin park. and slipknot. and lots of hardcore like lionheart, and trapped under ice. have all sorts of not necesarilly guilty pleasures, but pleasures from very different genres of what i usually listen too.

')