Guilty Pleasure Bands?

• Thread starter JosephAOI
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Korbain

Stay negative!
Reaction score
linkin park and katie melua are more guilty pleasures of mine lol

Some people are also a bit like "really?" when i crank Michael Jackson, but i can't call that a guilty pleasure, he's too good lol

Konfyouzd

Return of the Dread-I
Reaction score
Fleetwood Mac is also awesome... I was Stevie to sing for me... Personally... Every night before I go to sleep.

Opion

Sir Mattafer
Reaction score
I think the only "guilty pleasure" I could ever really say for sure would be...My Chemical Romance's "Three Cheers". I don't listen to it on a regular basis, but back when it first came out (and when I was in 7th grade and angsty as all hell) I checked out that record to see what it was all about. And honestly, the tunes are pretty catchy. Listening back now the production is horrible (the drums are so horribly set in the mix), but the songwriting still hearkens me back to the days when Slipknot, DevilDriver, and Slayer were the only things I listened to...memories. *sniff* XD

Konfyouzd

Return of the Dread-I
Reaction score
If this means guilty pleasure with respect to metal then there are a lot actually...

Stan Getz
John Coltrane
Al Jarreau
Amel Larreiux (sp?)
Mariah Carey
Black Uhuru
Buju Banton
Kruder and Dorfmeister
Herbie Hancock
Thelonius Monk (sp?)
Miles Davis
Bobby McFerrin
Shpongle
Entheogenic
Arrested Development
Das Efx...

Goes on and on and on...

Opion

Sir Mattafer
Reaction score
If this means guilty pleasure with respect to metal then there are a lot actually...

Stan Getz
John Coltrane
Al Jarreau
Amel Larreiux (sp?)
Mariah Carey
Black Uhuru
Buju Banton
Kruder and Dorfmeister
Herbie Hancock
Thelonius Monk (sp?)
Miles Davis
Bobby McFerrin
Shpongle
Entheogenic
Arrested Development
Das Efx...

Goes on and on and on...

John Coltrane and Miles Davis? Not a guilty pleasure by any stretch in my book :yesway:

Konfyouzd

Return of the Dread-I
Reaction score
Yea I know what you mean... That's the only reason I prefaced it with "If this is with respect to metal."

It seems like a lot of the bands/artists being posted here are just things most metal guys would scoff at. When I play jazz for metalheads they tend to look bored even though Coltrane is doing the same thing most metal guys do...

Por ejemplo...

Now to me... This isn't completely mindless. BUT... It can be inaccessible for a lot of folks. :2c:

Jake

GAS Master
Reaction score
Nickelback, but I also admit to enjoying them. Frankly, while they are not extremely challenging to listen to, I don't get the hate they get... Have you seen those guys live? They rip pretty damn hard.

They are also, I have noticed, a good case to study for musical success in the download age.

+1 to Nickelback, I've always liked their stuff, seen em live 4 times now too, always a killer show, hell Chad plays a 7 string explorer whats not to like :lol:

Also Emmure, and Atreyu dont care what people think :fawk::cool:

Spazinator

Reaction score
I remember being in elementary school when I started to listen to bands such as Iron Maiden, Dragonforce, Symphony X and Cacophony/Jason Becker and being embarassed to play it loud since my school was in the "hood" and practically everyone listened to 50cent, Akon, etc... Eventually overcame it and didn't care but I can tell you I wasn't a front-runner for any popularity contests =3.

As for guilty pleasures: apart from the 80s hair listed here (Skid Row, Tesla, Kix, etc) I would have to go with Phil Collins/Genesis. Pre Disney stuff obviously.

')