Guilty Pleasure Songs?

• Thread starter Rustee
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Polythoral

Hipster Mustaine
Reaction score
Oh yes, anime... so maybe the theme track from Lucky Star. Maybe. >.>

Lucky Star, K-On, Yuri Yuri... So many things I couldn't tell anyone in real life.

Also, worst of the worst to secretly like, Acchi Kocchis OP:

Oh, and +100000 for the GOOD music tracks. Pretty big hip hop listener here, considered mentioning it here, but I don't really hide that in any way with how much I listen to now.

broj15

Reaction score
Im a big 80's pop, new wave, and post punk fan. Basically if it involves synths and an androgynous male singer i love it.

Don Vito

Reaction score
Anime music isn't so much a guilty pleasure as it's just downright embarrassing :lol:

Danukenator

Kane's Bane
Reaction score
Hammerfall owns!

I listen to a lot of cheesy power metal and don't care in the least.

I'm with you. These are the songs that I'd say are my "guilty pleasure" in the sense that they are cheesy songs and elitist people would frown upon them but I'd still tell people I like them.

Jonathan20022

Engineer
Reaction score
Such a shame to call the music you like "guilty pleasures", everthing I listen to or have in my iTunes I'm not ashamed of.

Strangely enough, most of my friends think of me as a metal head and when I tell them who some of my favorite artists are they have the most surprised look on their face.

I've never felt the need to hide how much I love her music, I think Taylor is seriously one of the most talented songwriters out there. And I even went with a friend of mine last year to her concert when she played in Florida. And it was amazing. One thing I admire is her integrity as a person and an artist throughout her career, she hasn't changed one bit through 3 album releases, and that's undeniably true. But yeah, she's easily up there as one of my favorite artists, and none of the people I know find that weird at all haha. A friend even gave me a huge Rolling Stones Poster of an issue she was on. It's still sitting there wrapped in the plastic :lol:

I'm one of those people that sets their mp3 player on shuffle and doesn't change the song when the next song comes on haha. I think the weirdest point, where I'll admit was when I was having a Corinne Bailey Rae binge, along with my Black Dahlia Murder binge also. Was quite the contrast haha.

broj15

Reaction score
^^^ +1

Although I don't care much for the delivery (modern pop country just isn't my thing) I do think that Taylor Swift is a really great songwriter (for some reason her lyrics always have this morrisey-esque quality to them) and after seeing a few interviews with it seems like she's a really nice genuine person. I would never buy one of her cd's but she is probably in my top 5 as far as celebrity crushes go :wub:

lucasreis

ERG Ambassador
Reaction score
Flo Rida... I don't know why, his songs just make me happy for some reason, I like the way he raps, even though it's pop-ish and corn as hell! lol

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bpOR_HuHRNs

I also really like Taio Cruz for some reason, his voice is just really good, and I like the melodies.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y_SI2EDM6Lo

Actually, a lot of current pop songs are written by Shellback, a producer who used to be the singer for melodic death metal band Blinded Colony, from Sweden, and since he became a producer/songwriter he wrote half of the stuff that is popular today such as Moves Like Jagger, Criminal (Britney Spears) and several other songs. I actually like some of the melodies he worked on, even though I don't like the artists, those Swedes are crafty as hell when it comes to music (metal or not) lol

Omnibus

Reaction score
Not really ashamed of any music I listen too, but it definitely confuses my friends that know me more as a metalhead.

ANYTHING By Justin Timberlake. I pretty much love both of his solo albums mostly everything he has ever featured on. Really wish he would start making albums again.

One of the sexiest and grooviest songs I have ever heard. Phenomenal singer too.

Forget your previous opinion of him for a few minutes and let yourself just listen to this song, because it is absolutely amazing.

This is a song that really really helped me get through some dark and lonely times that I had not too long ago. Not even the lyrics as much as the general happiness and upbeat atmosphere the whole instrumentation creates. I just feel content, hopeful, and at peace anytime I listen to the song, and those few minutes I very much cherish.

nostealbucket

aint no gahdam woman
Reaction score
Lets see....

Foster the fucking people... Except pumped up kicks. I hate that song.

Blink-182. This band was about all I listened to when I was 10. I discovered many dirty words from them.

I guess Radiohead would be a guilty pleasure... their chord progressions :cool:

the riff at around 2:40... fuck

Lostprophets? Man...

AND finally, The New Young Pony Club :lol:

djyngwie

Reaction score
I don't feel all too guilty about it, but recently I've found myself listening to some a-ha. These guys are so much more than Take on Me. It's pop, but it's so well-crafted:

gunshow86de

Beef Jerky Time
Reaction score
call me maybe

profilepic9263_43.gif

')