Guitar Asylum BKP Purchase

Killadelphia

Reaction score
Hey everyone, so I ordered a matching set of Bare Knuckle 7 string Juggernaut's almost a month ago from the website "Guitar Asylum". They're a new york based music store that is popular for custom and stock orders online. I ordered the set almost a month ago and the guitar asylum website says the order is still "awaiting fulfillment", which i'm assuming this means that the order still needs to be processed and made since its custom. Guitar asylum probably has to order the pups with my specs, then that has to be processed, made, and then shipped to the store, then shipped to me. It is just bugging that it's been a month because I ordered a set of Painkillers a while ago and it did not take nearly as long to complete the order, everything was shipped to me within a week and a half. Not only it still says "Awaiting fulfillment", they've already charged me for the order and that they aren't answering my emails. Has anybody had this problem with guitar asylum or any other pick up vendor? Maybe BKP is being overwhelmed with orders for the new Juggs with their growing popularity? Or maybe am i just being paranoid? I'd like to hear from you guys!

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

kevdes93

Sassy
Reaction score
Be patient but keep emailing. I ordered a warpig from.the axe palace and.it took much longer than quoted to receive it

rifftrauma

Trapped in time...
Contributor
Reaction score
Long wait times seem to be the norm for most state side BKP dealers I've seen recently. Unless they have them in stock you're probably gonna wait a while.

Killadelphia

Reaction score
Yea, It just feels like its been forever!!! I'm so impatient with these kind of things xD, which is why I probably could never wait for a custom guitar to be built. but in the long run it will be well worth it!

rifftrauma

Trapped in time...
Contributor
Reaction score
I ordered my blackhawks from a major BKP retailer in early November of last year. I just got them a week ago.

Konfyouzd

Return of the Dread-I
Reaction score
They come from the UK don't they? I ordered an Emerald a few years back and it took a little while to get to me but I definitely got it.

If it makes you feel any better, Ibanez said the g208cwc would be out on Valentine's Day and stores are still taking PREORDERS for them... I've been waiting since November. :lol:

morethan6

Reaction score
Sorry dudes, this is like the ONE time when being in the UK makes buying guitar stuff easier :)

Welcome to our world for most other things...

Killadelphia

Reaction score
haha yea, it totally sucks about waiting, its just not normal for guitar asylum to not respond to my emails, and for them to take this long. I literally check the status of the order 12 times a day its killing me xD Hopefully soon it'll say it was shipped and i'll have it eventually!! I am soo looking toward posting a NPD cause i'll have a 7 string worthy of this website ;3 :shred:

MaxOfMetal

Likes trem wankery.
Super Moderator
Reaction score
It's 2014, why does being in the UK matter? My company gets documents from London, South Africa, and various parts of Asia in a matter of days. We ship large amounts of product from Europe all the time and at worst it's a couple weeks, but usually a matter of days.

Lets be real, BKP isn't a super small shop anymore, haven't been for awhile, so I doubt they have issues with post.

If your order was custom, you're probably in a small queue. Were you quoted a deliver date? Have you tried calling them?

Edika

Reaction score
I was checking the price and postage for a Schecter blackjack A-7 (the new models) but the shipping price quoted was 350$ with UPS insured but not mentioned if the tax and customs were prepaid. Not worth it as it would come out cheaper to actually buy it from the UK or Europe when it actually hit the stores here. After that I received around 5 emails in 5 days to complete my order while I think I emptied my cart.

cardinal

Buys guitars, sometimes plays them
Reaction score
If I ever order BKPs again, I'm just ordering them directly from BKP. I get the impression that dealers sit on orders until they get some number of them, and then submit. That's a big part of the delay, and I think it's really frustrating. You can email BKP and see if they even have an order for your pickups from Guitar Asylum. They might not.

fortisursus

Reaction score
Maybe 2 years ago I ordered a calibrated pair of Warpigs in Brushed Nickel around Christmas. They estimated a 3 week turn around time, but it ended up taking around 2 months if I remember correctly. I haven't made an order since(just bought stock or used) so I'm not too sure what the typical turn around time is now.

Rokkaholic

Reaction score
I ordered a pair from them. I'm rather disappointed with the service. First they sent me the wrong pickups (after two months of waiting...), then I send it back but they must have screwed up my address this time around because my package keeps getting redirected around different zip codes near me :mad:. So nearly three months later I am still jumping through hoops to get my order.

TRENCHLORD

Banned
Reaction score
If I ever order BKPs again, I'm just ordering them directly from BKP. I get the impression that dealers sit on orders until they get some number of them, and then submit. That's a big part of the delay, and I think it's really frustrating. You can email BKP and see if they even have an order for your pickups from Guitar Asylum. They might not.

^this.:agreed:

Call BKP or at least email them to find out if they've even received the order yet, and then of course if they have maybe you can get a more genuine estimate.

Silence2-38554

Mobius Guitars
Reaction score
I feel ya man. I ordered a set of DiMarzio Titans from Axe Palace in JANUARY and have still not received them. Waiting for shit is so frustrating....

TRENCHLORD

Banned
Reaction score
Always just better to order stock unless you want longer than expected waits.
Just goes with custom orders in general. Cycles, cars, amps, guitars ect.....
Almost always takes longer than the initially estimated time.

My Carvin and Mesa stuff actually beat the time estimates though, so I guess there's still hope out there :lol:.

Purelojik

Reaction score
I feel ya man. I ordered a set of DiMarzio Titans from Axe Palace in JANUARY and have still not received them. Waiting for shit is so frustrating....

have you called nick? hes really good with following up. one of my orders was held up because he'd sent me an alternate recommendation and was awaiting my go-ahead. since jan i've ordered two sets of dimarzios and most of my BKPS's have been through him. all received within a month for custom orders and a week for instock items.

Vigaren

Reaction score
I ordered directly from BKP and I hade them after a week. Their customer service was brilliant. It took two days from order to shippment.
I live in Sweden though, but I would say that its always best to order directly through them.

Killadelphia

Reaction score
ugggh, I guess i'll email BKP about it, I ordered with custom specs, like the tyger cover, and the certain screws and stuff like that so i guess they're in the custom line of everything so its a longer wait rather then ordering a generic set where it is already made. Hopefully I'll hear from guitar asylum at some point! D:

')