Guitar body size looks silly!! Your input?

• Thread starter Goatfork
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Alberto7

Living room guitarist. Ex-bedroom guitarist.
Contributor
Reaction score
Haha I understand how you feel. However, the Alexi is WAY bigger than the RR. I'm of fairly regular height, almost short; 5'9". I used to own an Alexi-600. Go to my profile to see my profile pic. That thing looked ridiculously huge on me :lol:

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

WickedSymphony

Reaction score
^ The US Alexi's are larger, but the edwards and ESP japan Alexi's are pretty much the same as the RR (as far as I know). Though the US Alexi's lower horns are larger and not really the RR shape.

If you just want a big ass V you could always wait for the Devin Townsend one to come out :D

MSalonen

Reaction score
^ The US Alexi's are larger, but the edwards and ESP japan Alexi's are pretty much the same as the RR (as far as I know). Though the US Alexi's lower horns are larger and not really the RR shape.

If you just want a big ass V you could always wait for the Devin Townsend one to come out :D

I used to own a RR24 and an ESP SV (which is the same as the non-US Alexi sig, aside from inlays and pickup config) and the SV was still noticeably larger than the RR.

I had a chance to play a US Alexi and it seemed to be the same size as the SV, aside from having a longer lower wing.

But while I prefer the non-US shape, it's still more asymmetrical than not. The difference (between US and non-US) has been exaggerated, probably due to people comparing the US Alexi to a Jackson RR or pictures of the non-US ones, as most people haven't actually played or seen one in person due to their rarity in this country. Not sure about how common they are in Europe and whatnot.

JacobShredder

Reaction score
I'm 5'10" and ~105 pounds and the main reason I'm selling my dean razorback v is the fact that it's way tooooo big on me.

troyguitar

Reaction score
I'm 5'10" and ~105 pounds and the main reason I'm selling my dean razorback v is the fact that it's way tooooo big on me.

Holy fuck that is skinny. I'm the same height and almost 50% heavier than you and I'm skinny... and my RR1 looks perfect IMO.

troy.jpg

ralphy1976

1 less ERGNESS
Reaction score
@ troy : nah, what looks perfect on you is your leather pants man!!! \m/\m/

@jacob : yeah i am 5ft9 maybe 5ft10 on a good night and i am 200 lbs...i think i should / could shed 10 lbs, but i am a stocky dude!!!

Goatfork

Reaction score
Maybe loosing like 10 or 15lbs would make it look right. . . but I'm a lazy bastard! lol

ralphy1976

1 less ERGNESS
Reaction score
it is your height more than anything else!!! also it must be fucking cold now so as bon jovi would say : "keep the fat"!!!! \m/\m/

Goatfork

Reaction score
Hahaha, dude. . . fucking December in Alaska. It be cold, I'll tell you that.

Thank goodness for my Scandinavian genes ;) lol

MatthewK

Reaction score
I'm about your size and I think my SV looks anything but silly. The SV does have a bit of a bulkier look than an RR though I think.

JohnIce

Singlecoil Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hahaha, dude. . . fucking December in Alaska. It be cold, I'll tell you that.

Thank goodness for my Scandinavian genes ;) lol

Bah to scandinavian genes. I'm a 20th-something generation Swede and I fucking hate cold :mad: We were down to -20 C (and windy) the other day. No fun.

V's are special guitars. Some people look great with them, others look ridiculous. I've never seen anyone look odd with a superstrat but V's can look very strange on some dudes.

SirMyghin

The Dirt Guy
Contributor
Reaction score
The vee thing is a tricky game, IIRC bucket head had oversized V's made for him no?

A lot of your guys are freakishly light, I am another weighing in 5'10 200 lbs, trying to get back down to 190 as this snuck up on me. I go for super strats, they look fine.

@Ralphy: go stocky!

cwhitey2

BlackendCrust Metal™
Reaction score
sorry to derail but DUDE tell me what car you drive, every common volkswagen is too tiny for me and you got 5 inches on my height

03 Mazda protege 5...and before that '96 Toyota tercel coupe :lol::lol::lol:

literally none one can sit behind me :wallbash::wallbash:

Sang-Drax

Reaction score
I'm not even that tall (little bit short of 6'1") and I sometimes think I look silly with my LP studio. I wish my fingers would stretch enough for a baritone to be comfortable... long scale guitars look so awesome!

Reaction score
I'm 6'1 and 270lbs..little guitars feel stupid on me, not to mention they are difficult to play. I prefer big bodied guitars. The Dime Razorback is one of the most comfortable guitars I've ever played, but I wouldn't get one as I don't like the shape and I don't want a Dime guitar..but it's size is perfect to me. I prefer V's because I like to let the rest on my leg and I play them extremely low, strap position wise. My Dracos suit me fine, however I've always wondered how a larger/longer Draco would work. I'd like to try a 27 inch scale one.

abstract

Reaction score
I'm 6'0" @ 210 and I've never had a problem with the way small guitars look on me (IMO my ESP Horizon is pretty small, not RR small mind you). I know OPs a bit bigger than me. It might be more the shape of the guitar as you say. All my guitars are the same general shape (Horizon, Strat, C7) and that look works.

Murmel

Reaction score
Now that we're on the subject of guitar sizes looking strange.
This girl is so tiny it's not even funny.

And this is, to me, the perfect size for a person wielding a Rhoads/Alexi style guitar.
That's and Edwards though, and someone said they're smaller :scratch: I guess they make them to proportion with the Japanese.

Loomer

Comfortably Dumb
Reaction score
Bah to scandinavian genes. I'm a 20th-something generation Swede and I fucking hate cold :mad: We were down to -20 C (and windy) the other day. No fun.

meanwhileinfinland.jpg

That said, I'm just an average-sized dude. 6 foot sharp, 120 pounds, so nothing looks super-huge, but nothing is super-tiny either. However my Ironbird feels big :lol:

')