Guitar Building Kit

• Thread starter iRaiseTheDead
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Berserker

Reaction score
I can't see any way you could re-colour the inlays that colour.... you'd have to remove and replece them. Alternatively, get a neck with a blank fretboard and have a go yourself.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Justin Bailey

Reaction score
You really cant, you either replace them, draw on them with a green marker or save up 5 grand and get Jackson to do it.

Berserker

Reaction score
It wouldn't look very good and would wear awaypretty quickly I'd have thought. I think the only options if you want those inlays are: Buy a neck with a fretboard with no inlays and do it yourself or pay someone to make the neck for you.

iRaiseTheDead

Ashes Of Rebirth
Reaction score
oh ok, well I'll leave it alone I guess, can I paint the pickguard without damaging anything?

Justin Bailey

Reaction score
you can paint it but it'll just chip off unless you put automotive clear over it or something :lol:

Like I said before, why not just do a kit and see if you actually like it/ can actually complete it before you go off the deep end and bite off more than you can chew?

aiur55

Reaction score
you can paint it but it'll just chip off unless you put automotive clear over it or something :lol:

Like I said before, why not just do a kit and see if you actually like it/ can actually complete it before you go off the deep end and bite off more than you can chew?

+1 !!

Just try building the kit as intended first before you try modding it.

It ll help you learn a lot about the process and hopefully, next time, you will be more knowledgable (ugh, I cant spell).

Soubi7string

3d printer go brrrrrrrrr
Reaction score
oh ok, well I'll leave it alone I guess, can I paint the pickguard without damaging anything?

this might work for your pickguard colouring
me and my dad when we were going to paint my PC case we used some woolite like for cleaning pans and what we did was circular motions, putting BAJILLIONS of tiny cuts in it,but pretty much till every bit is covered in the damned things,now Idr if he primed first or not but to be on the safe side, prime,sand(woolite it you get the idea),colour it with an even coat, then put some coating on it
but I'd go out and buy a cheapy and do it to that first

iRaiseTheDead

Ashes Of Rebirth
Reaction score
Well I plan on making my own, but I wanted to use a kit as a practice to see how everything should fit together, and the routes and stuff.

paintkilz

Banned
Reaction score
if youre not sure on how it should fit together or how the routes work and what not, a premade kit wont help that much.

i still say you need to study more. even for this project it would seem.

')