Guitar center M-15 special....

• Thread starter romper_stomper
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

romper_stomper

((AETOS))
Reaction score
Picked up one of these a few days ago. I had about a $600 budget on a new shredder. I tried a few jacksons and ran up the ltd m series (m-15 through m-400's). This one ended up being on sale for $149.99 so I ended up taking it and picking up a duncan Jb.....

The fretwork is a little rough around the edges but that's honestly my only complaint. As far as tone goes, its definitely a beast. Its stupid.. its got a very heavy bottom end and very clear. As of right now its my main go to/ beater/ project guitar that I don't regret picking up... its cheap and I highly recommend this one if your looking for something cheap that plays well.

I play this through my ts-9 -> isp-> 5150 (eq and sonic max in effect loop) -> x2 vader 412's....

I have always owned prestige ibbys and hardly ever owned anything that was not made in us, japan, or korea.. I can tell you that this thing definitely works in my setup... so I don't even touch anything else right now..

Im not saying this smokes everything else I played, but I walked away with a guitar that plays as good as it looks for well under my budget which is always pretty awesome.

Check them out when you can. Either I got lucky with this one on quality or they're all as good as this one..

So far the pickup has been replaced, along with a killswitch being installed, a bone nut and locking tuners are all on the way...

571e9ea9.jpg

ce145f5d.jpg

dcc6e9ca.jpg

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

jl-austin

Reaction score
I picked one up a GC the other day, I was shocked at how heavy and solid it felt. Like you said, the fret work, and overall craftsmanship was not like a MIJ ESP, but still, for the money, it was pretty cool!

Reaction score
I've owned an M-10 which is basically the same thing but HH. Put in a jazz and jb. Love it so far. The tuners aren't smooth and pots are a bit cheap but otherwise I really like it. I've been looking for an upgrade and everything I've tried hasn't pulled me away from this thing yet.

')