Guitar Center techs

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

marcwormjim

Reaction score
You have to call and ask - They'll (hopefully) pass the message to the guy; and he'll get back to you.

GC gets local guys to sideline as their tech; the same as anywhere else. If you have any non-GC stores in your area, ask them with the expectation that they beat GC's quote - No matter how cool the manager of that particular GC is, most techs who want to keep a positive reputation won't associate with GC.

I myself subcontract two local stores for repairs, at better rates than GC would offer - The store-owners take a minimal commission; and that lets me keep my prices down.

Just know that the tech's going to be taking your guitar back to his house, to put on his routing table; because he doesn't hide a full workshop in the back of the music store. And the store-owner is unlikely to have insurance to cover your guitar being stolen out of the back of the tech's Honda Civic - You'd likely only be offered store credit or a replacement off of eBay; once the store-owner has scraped the cash together.

Reaction score
ok now another question: I'm trying to figure out if the lace deathbar 4.0 will go on my agile 827 mn cp . someone told me I'm gonna have to route the guitar to fit the pickups

Here are links to both:
guitar: Agile Septor 827 MN CP Nat Mahog - RondoMusic.com
pickups: Metal and Rock Guitar Pickup | The Deathbar by Lace. Rock, Heavy Metal and Hardcore Guitar pickup made special for low noise and huge output, gain and sound. for 7, 8, 9, and 10 string guitars.
pickup measurements :http://www.lacemusic.com/pdf/DeathXBar.pdf

Hyacinth

Ghostmaker
Reaction score
Just know that the tech's going to be taking your guitar back to his house, to put on his routing table; because he doesn't hide a full workshop in the back of the music store. And the store-owner is unlikely to have insurance to cover your guitar being stolen out of the back of the tech's Honda Civic - You'd likely only be offered store credit or a replacement off of eBay; once the store-owner has scraped the cash together.

I'm a tech at Guitar Center and none of what you said is true. Yes we route for pickups, yes we have a workshop in the store and yes we have insurance to compensate you in the unlikely event that something disastrous happens to your guitar. Now, I haven't been to a lot of other GCs to check out their tech set up, so it might vary from store to store, so do call ahead and make sure they can do the work you need.

Reaction score
You have to call and ask - They'll (hopefully) pass the message to the guy; and he'll get back to you.

GC gets local guys to sideline as their tech; the same as anywhere else. If you have any non-GC stores in your area, ask them with the expectation that they beat GC's quote - No matter how cool the manager of that particular GC is, most techs who want to keep a positive reputation won't associate with GC.

I myself subcontract two local stores for repairs, at better rates than GC would offer - The store-owners take a minimal commission; and that lets me keep my prices down.

I'm a tech at Guitar Center and none of what you said is true. Yes we route for pickups, yes we have a workshop in the store and yes we have insurance to compensate you in the unlikely event that something disastrous happens to your guitar. Now, I haven't been to a lot of other GCs to check out their tech set up, so it might vary from store to store, so do call ahead and make sure they can do the work you need.

Ok i have another question: I'm trying to figure out if the lace deathbar 4.0 will go on my agile 827 mn cp . someone told me I'm gonna have to route the guitar to fit the pickups

Here are links to both:
guitar: Agile Septor 827 MN CP Nat Mahog - RondoMusic.com
pickups: Metal and Rock Guitar Pickup | The Deathbar by Lace. Rock, Heavy Metal and Hardcore Guitar pickup made special for low noise and huge output, gain and sound. for 7, 8, 9, and 10 string guitars.
pickup measurements :http://www.lacemusic.com/pdf/DeathXBar.pdf

Hyacinth

Ghostmaker
Reaction score
Since I don't know the dimensions of the Cepheus pickups, it's hard to tell whether or not you'll need to route just by looking at it. Email Kurt at Rondo and see if he has the measurements for the Cepheus pickups.

marcwormjim

Reaction score

I was referring to non-GC stores. Of course a corporate entity is going to have insurance and as much as possible in-house. Your post about what GC offers was a longer version of what I said: "Call and ask."

')