Guitar Companies Wish Made 7 Strings

MaxOfMetal

Likes trem wankery.
Super Moderator
Reaction score
If you're serious about a 7-string USA Jackson go for the custom shop. Jackson has dropped the fee associated with adding the extra string, so that's already almost $1k cheaper than they used to be.

Send a quote to reputable, USA based dealer, if you can keep from going all out on aesthetics you'll be pleasantly surprised how affordable it is. All these rumors of $4k+, barebones Jackson CS7s are either completely wrong, misinformed, or just significantly out of date.

You're still going to have to plunk down the better part of $3k, but you'll have to put very little down (Jackson don't need big deposits for start-up/weather the storm cash. :lol:) and have a year or so to pony up the rest.

Considering that a brand new SL2H is $2400 over here, that pricing for a CS7 isn't bad at all.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

MFB

Banned
Reaction score
Are Anderson 7's a full-time thing now or are they still limited to runs? I thought they only did that as a trial but if they are doing it as a customer request whenever that's great news.

technomancer

Gearus Pimptasticus
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Are Anderson 7's a full-time thing now or are they still limited to runs? I thought they only did that as a trial but if they are doing it as a customer request whenever that's great news.

They've been available to order for quite a bit now :2c:

HeHasTheJazzHands

Reaction score
+1 on Gibson releasing more 7's. Re-make the Explorer 7 with a 25.5 or 26.5 inch neck. :yum:

Also, why not Music Man? I know the JP7 is one of the most reveared guitars here, but I wanna see an Axis, Reflex, or Silo 7! And Steve Morse needs to add a 7-string to one of his instruments, because I would KILL for a SM7. :scream:

There also needs to be a Sterling JP7. I heard this was going to happen, but haven't seen anything new lately. Just the SUB series.

Also would really like to see Godin make a 7-string.

Wrecklyss

Custom Speaker Cabinet Builder
Reaction score
Not that i could afford it, but a 7 string Zemaitas would have quite a bit of a cool factor:cool:

DoomJazz

Classic Lojack
Reaction score
Good freaking lord if PRS came out with a production 7 string... that shit would go as quickly as the DC800's did when they first came out, or when someone opened their mouth about Agile :D

davidXL

Reaction score
ibanez... oh wait they do.

seriously though a gibson 7 LP that they actualy gave a shit about would be awesome. they made a crappy epi version but id like a 7 string guitarist to get endoursed and have a sig put out by them. truth is id love a good LP but im not shellin out 2-5k for a 6 string fixed bridge.

most gibson guys ive met shun down on 7s like they are for 14 year old korn players.
....i miss old skool korn.

Rook

Electrifying
Reaction score
If you're serious about a 7-string USA Jackson go for the custom shop. Jackson has dropped the fee associated with adding the extra string, so that's already almost $1k cheaper than they used to be.

Send a quote to reputable, USA based dealer, if you can keep from going all out on aesthetics you'll be pleasantly surprised how affordable it is. All these rumors of $4k+, barebones Jackson CS7s are either completely wrong, misinformed, or just significantly out of date.

You're still going to have to plunk down the better part of $3k, but you'll have to put very little down (Jackson don't need big deposits for start-up/weather the storm cash. :lol:) and have a year or so to pony up the rest.

Considering that a brand new SL2H is $2400 over here, that pricing for a CS7 isn't bad at all.

I had a similar conversation with DjPharoah recently, the CS Jackson thing is definitely on my to-do list, not gone as far as getting a quote yet though, might just have to do it.

-42-

Nothing to see here
Reaction score
Charvel. Seriously, imagine this as a regular production model.

charvel72.png

Wrecklyss

Reaction score
Aria Pro, Taylor (someone at least should build a quality production acoustic 7 string), Yamaha (very under-rated guitars), and what ever happened to Guild?

MaxOfMetal

Likes trem wankery.
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Aria Pro, Taylor (someone at least should build a quality production acoustic 7 string), Yamaha (very under-rated guitars), and what ever happened to Guild?

Unfortunately it looks like we're not going to be seeing very many solid body guitars from either Yamaha or Guild. Yamaha has been scaling back their musical instrument division for years now and when FMIC bought Guild it was mainly for the acoustics.

I'd agree with Aria, if it was the Aria from about 15 or 20 years ago, the one who provided cost effective, unique, Japanese made guitars around the world. These days they're mainly a budget guitar and bass builder (minus the D'Aquisto division), with all the cool MIJ stuff being super rare and limited or just keeping it Home Market.

I'm actually a little surprised that Taylor hasn't come out with a 7-string in recent memory. They've already made some very niche models like the 8-string (coursed) and baritone models.

Dan Halen

Reaction score
I would really like to see martin come out with a couple 7's. maybe not in the super expensive side but maybe an $800

Devyn Eclipse Nav

Avid Open C Enthusiast, Aspiring Ghibli Wizard
Reaction score
I'm hoping the new Chapman ML-3 is in fact a 7 string. Only time will tell...

Wrecklyss

Reaction score
I would really like to see martin come out with a couple 7's. maybe not in the super expensive side but maybe an $800

Martin had a 7 string, but it had an octave "G" like a 12 string instead of a low "B". But for sure, some well respected manufacturer of acoustics needs to introduce a production model 7 string.

')