Guitar Logistics Build Thread - 2014

• Thread starter RestorationAD
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

BlackMastodon

\m/ (゚Д゚) \m/
Contributor
Reaction score
I have learned a ridiculous amount from watching your build threads. Thank you for posting everything in such clear detail, I think us hobbyists really appreciate it.

That black limba body on that last 6. :yum:

Tom Drinkwater

ERG/ERB Builder
Reaction score
Not just the hobbyists are learning today! That is a wonderful idea to use a locator pin for drilling the ferrule holes. It's just like my pin router but on a drill press, fantastic idea.

Reaction score
Eh I haven't decided yet. It depends on timing this summer. The plan as it stands is fixed specs on 3 to 5 guitars. No crazy tops just solid bodies with minimal carves with solid necks and crazy exotic fretboards and maybe a matching headplate. Oil finishes. Maybe Multiscale 7s?

Something I can knock out in a few months time. I don't want any run to take too long or tie me up.

I love what Perry has done with the Hypemachine runs but I just can't manage that volume working only weekends.

How 'bout headless, multiscale sevens? That'd be sick.

RestorationAD

Reaction score
How 'bout headless, multiscale sevens? That'd be sick.

They are coming. Be patient I only work on the weekends.

Not just the hobbyists are learning today! That is a wonderful idea to use a locator pin for drilling the ferrule holes. It's just like my pin router but on a drill press, fantastic idea.

Yes. When I first saw it on tdpri I was like WHY DID I NEVER THINK OF THIS?

I have learned a ridiculous amount from watching your build threads. Thank you for posting everything in such clear detail, I think us hobbyists really appreciate it.

That black limba body on that last 6. :yum:

You are welcome. Cheers!

RestorationAD

Reaction score
Where did we leave off... it has been a busy month of crazy stuff none of it guitar related.

Ok. Multiscale 7 strings on the CNC. This batch was done wrong. The new process is much simpler. But I have to waste the fretboards and work so I will finish these 2 the hard way. It was not easy or fun lining everything up so I could finish it on the CNC. It would probably be easier to have finished them by hand. However I hate routers so I am going to use the CNC.

RestorationAD

Reaction score
Using a bigger cutter to help speed up the process. I am replacing the Colt soon as I can afford to.

RestorationAD

Reaction score
Looking into the top for one of these. Initial responses on Facebook were stupid (surprise) so I am not sure where I am going with this. I might skip this top all together and do something more crazy. The real issue is that this is the first full CNC 7 and if I made a mistake I hate to waste a really epic top.

RestorationAD

Reaction score
Prep some body blanks now that the sun is out and the temperature is up. Even after a few passes on the jointer it is still good to square up by hand.

RestorationAD

Reaction score
Not sure why I never made a headstock clamp. Using a regular clamp was bulky and it always got in the way. Added a threaded insert and a 1/4" screw. Done.

RestorationAD

Reaction score
Seems to be taking forever. But I am going back and forth between shaping this neck and manning the CNC

Somebody forgot the side markers.

RestorationAD

Reaction score
Starting on a new 6 string Multiscale Bass. This is a huge neck blank. Zebrawood and Bubinga.

RestorationAD

Reaction score
8 String Multiscale neck blank almost ready for the CNC. Sapele and Purple Heart.

Latest posts

')