Guitar Messenger Instructional DVD with PER NILSSON of SCAR SYMMETRY

• Thread starter GuitarMessenger
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

GuitarMessenger

Reaction score
Glad you guys are all digging the DVD so far :D

Oh ... and I thought I'd leave this here ;)
Guitar Lessons, Interviews, News, Reviews, & More | Guitar Messenger – SCAR GUITAR:.Per Nilsson’s Guitar Instructional DVD

600149_477860595614452_115465949_n.jpg

narad

Progressive metal and politics
Reaction score
Got mine today [in Australia] - thanks! Now just to figure out how I can view it, having switched to a macbook pro without a DVD slot...

HungryGuitarStudent

Reaction score
Got time today. The exercises I've tried so far are great and I'm happy to get "official" transcriptions of some of Per's solos.

Are there official tab books for Scar Symmetry albums ? I'd pay double price to get my hands on these... Per's phrasing is just mind blowing, it's nice to have insight into his thought process.

Also, does anyone have advice on reaching a lead tone similar to Per's ? My current practice gear is a Roland Cube 40XL amp with a Boss GT-100 pedal board. Any links to GT-100 guitar patches or amp setting tricks that could get me closer to a Scar Symmetry lead tone would be much appreciated !

Thanks \m/

TheShreddinHand

Uber Stringer
Reaction score
Are there official tab books for Scar Symmetry albums ? I'd pay double price to get my hands on these... Per's phrasing is just mind blowing, it's nice to have insight into his thought process.

Would be awesome if there were tab books, but nope. Per should just hook up with Jam Track Central and get some tab packages over there!

HungryGuitarStudent

Reaction score
For sure ! Is there an official Scar Symmetry/Per Nilsson thread on these forums ?

It would be nice to join all tidbits of official tabs and Per masterclasses we can find.

I'd also be happy to discuss/get advice on how to get such a sweet lead tone... mine is a bit too fuzzy at the moment.

Cheers !

')