Guitar only works with certain amplifiers?

ACfireandiceDC

Reaction score
Hi,

I have an Agile guitar. When I got it a few days ago, it wasn't working, so I decided to take it in. :noplease: They found a kinked wire connecting to the battery that solved part of the problem. I tried it on one of the amps there and it worked great. :lol: But when I got home it was still the same Now it still only works well on some amplifiers and not others. :scream::mad::wallbash:

-the guitar has ACTIVE pickups
-It works on a small Line 6 Amp, and my 30-year-old Fender Deluxe 90.
-It does NOT work on a battery-powered Marshall amp, or a Line 6 amp of a slightly larger size than the previous one.
-What I mean by not working, is that they have no drive and an extremely weak signal

DO ALL ACTIVE PICKUPS ACT LIKE THIS???

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Veritech Zero

Jeffy Turbo
Reaction score
I assure you not all actives are like that. And are you sure it is just some of the amps you have and not, some of the times you plug it in? Are you using the same cable for each of the amps?

Baelzebeard

Grinder of strings
Reaction score
That "kinked" wire could have been broken inside the insulation, which could cause an intermittent connection problem.

Did the "tech" replace the wire in question or just straighten ("un-kink") it? If not, it should be replaced completely just to be on the safe side.