Guitar Pro 6 demo is out!!

• Thread starter TravisMontgomery
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Fred

Reaction score
Excited to buy this, but I think I'm going to hold out a while longer... Sounds like there's too many issues at the moment to make it worthwhile.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Harry

Doom man of Doom.
Contributor
Reaction score
Excited to buy this, but I think I'm going to hold out a while longer... Sounds like there's too many issues at the moment to make it worthwhile.

Same here.
I'll give the demo a good whirl, but only when a few more of the bugs have been ironed out will I spend my cash

cyril v

Contributor
Reaction score
how do you get 7 string / 8 string guitar... i only have the demo right now but that is a major issue keeping me from buying the license

When you have a file new/open.. click on "Track", then "Add...", Then on the right side of the panel you can select "6, 7, 8, 12 - Strings".

Winspear

Winspear/Noisemother
Reaction score
Just a note - to anyone reading my post above about the drums, I was wrong, you can still type the notes, just in a different way. I like the new system very much, as mentioned in my post in the other GP thread.

Fred

Reaction score

Well, that lasted a whole 4 days, haha. Bought it this morning and am very glad I did! I could never, ever get along with the GP5 interface (especially using those bloody numbers to transcribe drums), but this is a hell of a lot more flexible and intuitive. Because I'm so used to transcribing in Powertab I reckon I might carry on doing that and just use GP6 to import the Powertab and then add drums, but I might give it a go moving on to working solely in GP6...

One question, though - am I right in thinking there's no way to export GP5 compatible tabs?

etcetera

Reaction score
Well, that lasted a whole 4 days, haha. Bought it this morning and am very glad I did! I could never, ever get along with the GP5 interface (especially using those bloody numbers to transcribe drums), but this is a hell of a lot more flexible and intuitive. Because I'm so used to transcribing in Powertab I reckon I might carry on doing that and just use GP6 to import the Powertab and then add drums, but I might give it a go moving on to working solely in GP6...

One question, though - am I right in thinking there's no way to export GP5 compatible tabs?

Yep. They said in the FAQ that it will be included in a future update, but it didn't sound like it was a priority.

NaYoN

Heavy Blog Is Heavy
Reaction score
I personally advise against buying it just yet until a few of the bugs are sorted out. In my opinion the only thing it has going for it until then is 8 string support. That said, I am continuing to use it exclusively.

Granted that chart there is pretty nice compared to the old chart, BUT in the new version you can't enter drums by numbers. You have to click these pads. If you've ever written drums in Guitar Pro before, you'll understand how this is such a step backwards. Many people will have been used to the number interface and incredibly speedy at typing a drumbeat with their numpad. Now we have to do it by clicking this chart. Granted, it's not as bad as trying to program drums in Sibelius or something :)ugh:) but still...:nuts:

You actually can write drums with numbers, if you read the faq. You use 0-1-2-3. Just go to the line depicted in the chart, and press 1. For alternative voicings of the note on the same line, use 2-3-0.

thesimo

Reaction score
they also completely ignore any attempt to get a refund, so don't count on that as an option.

etcetera

Reaction score
they also completely ignore any attempt to get a refund, so don't count on that as an option.

I think, given the current issues with the program (at least with the mac version), that you definitely have grounds to expect a refund.

SjPedro

Reaction score
it's been patched I think.

But you should definitely check that out.
So if you really want a refund I think maybe you should try again :)

Customisbetter

WhiskeyTangoFoxtrot
Contributor
Reaction score
It has destroyed every file i saved, so i stopped using it, even though i paid 60 fucking dollars for it. Lucky i still have my GP5 installed. :ugh:

Arteriorrhexis

Reaction score
Is anyone else having sound problems with gp6? When on the midi settings everything is panned left and when I put it all the way right it just goes center.
Also the RSE sounds pretty bad in my opinion.
I tried going to customer support and they haven't replied to anything I've sent yet.

etcetera

Reaction score
Is anyone else having sound problems with gp6? When on the midi settings everything is panned left and when I put it all the way right it just goes center.
Also the RSE sounds pretty bad in my opinion.
I tried going to customer support and they haven't replied to anything I've sent yet.
Yep, I have the same problem. I also get instruments randomly changing to a piano sound, and refusing to change back.

Neoclasiccl

Reaction score
it's definately buggy but they won't stop patching until it's fixed just like when GP5 came out. Definately takes a little getting used to but the lead guitars sound alot better than GP5. You can actually use it to reference a solo with out sounding like a midi POS.

Reaction score
but who cares what it sounds like? I don't even have RSE installed... the whole point is for composing/arranging music before actually recording. why bother with RSE?

Winspear

Winspear/Noisemother
Reaction score
It has destroyed every file i saved, so i stopped using it, even though i paid 60 fucking dollars for it. Lucky i still have my GP5 installed. :ugh:

You mean the files wouldn't load? I reported this problem a while back. No reply yet. I left it to load for about 10 minutes and found the problem - custom saved tunings making the notation shoot many octaves off of the screen. It took about an hour to disable notation view on each track without crashing the program so that I could save and continue working. Really needs a fix.

but who cares what it sounds like? I don't even have RSE installed... the whole point is for composing/arranging music before actually recording. why bother with RSE?

This is my view also - but if people want it and have issues with it then of course that's a problem. But yeah, standard MIDI sounds perfect in my opinion. All things like RSE, soundfonts, etc, as soon as you enable them, some instruments are too loud, some are too quiet, some notes don't cut through, some articulations don't cut through etc. It becomes like a real recording. Who wants to spend time MIXING a MIDI file? I think standard MIDI is perfect because it allows you to compose and hear absolutely everything perfectly with no effort. I once had to work on a Mac at college which had a soundcard with 'better' sounds as the only option. Fucking nightmare :lol:

')