Guitar Pro 6 demo is out!!

• Thread starter TravisMontgomery
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

SnowfaLL

Reaction score
Anyone else using the demo (or real I guess),, I have a question for you.

When you are inputting notes, thru the instrument panel or any way, Is there a way to turn on the sound of individual notes when you input them, like Guitar Pro 5/etc had?? I just find it much easier when im writing music/transcribing when I can hear the notes as I input them.. would make things 1000000x better.

Lemme know!

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Winspear

Winspear // Noisemother
Reaction score
Anyone else using the demo (or real I guess),, I have a question for you.

When you are inputting notes, thru the instrument panel or any way, Is there a way to turn on the sound of individual notes when you input them, like Guitar Pro 5/etc had?? I just find it much easier when im writing music/transcribing when I can hear the notes as I input them.. would make things 1000000x better.

Lemme know!

It's in File>Preferences "Playing During Editing" :)

Customisbetter

WhiskeyTangoFoxtrot
Contributor
Reaction score
^thank you!

Also, yeah ll of my tracks have insanely custom tunings...

maybe ill give it another shot today.

dbuk01

Reaction score
After reading this thread and getting the demo I am in 2 minds about weather or not to buy this program.

Is it worth it ? I use Mac and don't like the sound of it making things crash/not save etc. On the plus side the 8 string/7 string option is awesome and definitely will help me with some new project stuff I am working on at the moment so I WANT to buy it but is it a good idea or should I wait til some of the bugs are fixed?

Dan

etcetera

Reaction score
After reading this thread and getting the demo I am in 2 minds about weather or not to buy this program.

Is it worth it ? I use Mac and don't like the sound of it making things crash/not save etc. On the plus side the 8 string/7 string option is awesome and definitely will help me with some new project stuff I am working on at the moment so I WANT to buy it but is it a good idea or should I wait til some of the bugs are fixed?

Dan

The midi sounds are still buggy for me, especially when importing gp5 files (I don't care about the RSE). I haven't used it a whole lot, but the sound engine has slight differences that I don't really like, like the way it slides notes, sustains notes, etc. I can't pick exactly what it is - it just seems less nice than GP5 somehow.

On the other hand, GP5 crashes constantly on Snow Leopard, even with the latest beta, and 6's interface is pretty nice. Try out the demo, and if you don't have issues with the sound, and don't mind the terrible compatibility with gp5 files, then go for it.

Edit: Also, I haven't had any issue with stability, or corrupting files, or any other bugs other than the ones I mentioned. Again, I haven't used it extensively yet, so maybe wait for another mac user to chime in.

dbuk01

Reaction score
Ok think I might wait a little bit, will spend money on an Engl 4x12 and possibly some TC Electronics stuff as well, going a bit gear crazy atm!

Dan

NickSBTT

Reaction score
GP5 > GP6 always. The RSE sounds like crap on GP6, but that isn't too important considering that I see no point in it. I mean, I know its my opinion, but I'm curious as to why anyone would want to spend a long amount of time (which is what you would need) tweaking the amps and pedals and crap to sound even remotely decent when they are all just virtual instruments used as a reference for composition anyway. I don't see too much importance or point, but to each his own. I love Guitar Pro 5 though. ALSO, importing Guitar Pro 5 files is a pain in the ass! Especially when keyboards are involved because of the fact that you need to write those kinds of instruments out on standard notation on GP6. It's all just a mess =\

diatron5

Reaction score
I just started using GP6 a few days ago. (I was worried) but so far I am happy with the transition (although I haven't used it to write anything yet, just as practice) but the RSE is GREATLY improved, although I find it to be silly "they are all just virtual instruments used as a reference for composition anyway." but hey it runs smoothly and uses less resources than 5. The ui is actually a bit more intuitive once you get used to it too

here's a sample of the engine with one of my bands songs
http://soundcloud.com/diatron5/gp6-engine-test-straight

SHAMELESS PLUG ^^^^

')