Guitar Pro 6 demo is out!!

• Thread starter TravisMontgomery
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Neil

Reaction score
^ Seriously?

Thats f**king anoying...

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

thesimo

Reaction score
If you don't like stuff, add arobas music to your facebook, and tell them. They've had an angry mob about the drum thing already. They seem fairly responsive

Winspear

Winspear/Noisemother
Reaction score
Just thought I would pop in and say;

This is FULL of bugs/errors. There is a lot to be fixed (techniques not sounding correctly etc, harmonics sounding the wrong pitches).

There's a great deal of good stuff going for this, but I think they should've tested it more before release!

That and the lack of the drum tab...

But I do love the new interface, new features, and how it seems to be more geared towards being 'musically correct'. I only hope they respond to the facebook comments soon!

lurgar

Reaction score
Mine keeps locking up if I'm playing some music and then don't stop it before exiting. If I fail to stop it, then the program will lock up and keep playing the music but won't exit unless I force it to quit.

cyril v

Contributor
Reaction score
I don't understand... what exactly are you guys missing from the drum section? I know it doesn't have the numbers, but I kinda like the way it's set-up now a bit better.

22605257.jpg

mrhankey87

Banned
Reaction score
Oh my god it's amazing. It's so much more complete now....and, btw, Arobas music has confirmed that guitarpro will support VSTs from version 7. ;)

Look at the enormous amps, cabs and effects soundbank, hear how realistic and improved the RSE2 sounds...the drum programming is much improved imho, also the new "stretch" function is awesome.

lctdmf

Reaction score
It's pretty cool, the guitar/bass tabbing is simple still, but I can't figure out how to program the drums for the life of me. :ugh:

cyril v

Contributor
Reaction score
It's pretty cool, the guitar/bass tabbing is simple still, but I can't figure out how to program the drums for the life of me. :ugh:

press "CTRL + F6" to bring up the instrument panel, from there it's fukkin cake to enter patterns or whatever. :yesway:

lctdmf

Reaction score
oh wow, thanks. Don't know how I missed that.

cyril v

Contributor
Reaction score
It would've been nice if it just popped up when you switched to drums, as it did in the Gpro5.

Anyways, I kinda like the program, the new features are kinda neat. My only beef is that the demo is so limited, I really would've liked to test a few of the tabs the I've done before on this version and since you cannot open any real files on the demo thats not happening. Also, I've had this crash on me several times already and I was doing something different each time, so I have no clue what the hell kinda bugs I'd run into if I threw money on this program.

Also, they should've added vst support with this release... saying it's going to be in Gpro7 isn't helping, I guess I should just stick with Gpro 5 until then?

Winspear

Winspear/Noisemother
Reaction score
I personally advise against buying it just yet until a few of the bugs are sorted out. In my opinion the only thing it has going for it until then is 8 string support. That said, I am continuing to use it exclusively.

I don't understand... what exactly are you guys missing from the drum section? I know it doesn't have the numbers, but I kinda like the way it's set-up now a bit better.

22605257.jpg

Granted that chart there is pretty nice compared to the old chart, BUT in the new version you can't enter drums by numbers. You have to click these pads. If you've ever written drums in Guitar Pro before, you'll understand how this is such a step backwards. Many people will have been used to the number interface and incredibly speedy at typing a drumbeat with their numpad. Now we have to do it by clicking this chart. Granted, it's not as bad as trying to program drums in Sibelius or something :)ugh:) but still...:nuts:

cyril v

Contributor
Reaction score
Okay, I can see how that could suck quite a bit.. my time with drums is quite limited in GP, since I'm absolutely terrible at it.

irolis

Reaction score
Amp setting 'Trash' should be tHrash.. D:
But no complaints from what I've heard so far,too bad that you can't play 'x' times a GP5 tab.

sicstynine

Reaction score
Looking forward to it.
The natural/artificial-harmonics are sounding nice, finally.
...but 29$ for an update sucks O:

Bleak

Reaction score
I like it. It's a little easier to work with, which is ideal when I need something typed out during a lesson.

I'm sure the drum thing will get fixed soon, I've got my fingers crossed.

Winspear

Winspear/Noisemother
Reaction score
The natural/artificial-harmonics are sounding nice, finally.

What was wrong with the GP5 ones? The GP6 ones are all completely wrong at the moment apart from a few positions. Or do you mean they have patched it already?

')