Guitar programs that accomodate 7 strings?

• Thread starter 127.0.0.1
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Reaction score
Are there any guitar programs that accomodate 7 strings (scales, chords, etc.)?

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Drew

Forum MVP
Reaction score
Powertab does... I used it for all the lessons on this site, and will continue to do so until (if I ever do) I find something better. :)

-D

BCrowell

Cubicle Dweller
Contributor
Reaction score
I own Guitar Pro 4, and handles 7s and scales VERY WELL. It has every freakin scale under the sun embedded, and pictorial fretboard as well to display all the patterns. It also prints the 7 string CHORD diagrams!! It also imports MIDI, exports to ASCII tab, etc.

macalpine88

Reaction score
127.0.0.1 said:
No scales though.

i did a google search and thats the only thing i could find. its easy to use a 6 string scale generator, its the same on the low B as with the high B

Dylan7620

that guy
Reaction score
BCrowell said:
I own Guitar Pro 4, and handles 7s and scales VERY WELL. It has every freakin scale under the sun embedded, and pictorial fretboard as well to display all the patterns. It also prints the 7 string CHORD diagrams!! It also imports MIDI, exports to ASCII tab, etc.

+1 guitar pro 4 is great with seven strings

G.B.N.B

Reaction score
Download Guitar Pro 4 off limewire or something. Be sure that the key generator is with the download though. (You'll be needin that)

Laren

Symphonic Black Metal!
Reaction score
I use guitar pro 4, it's extremely good, my band members all live considerable distances away from each other, so we tab up what we play (including drums and keys) and send them to each other over the net so we have a basic idea of how the tune sounds. I've noticed that some scales have some bugs in them though, hard to explain, but nothing you'll notice easily unless you're in an extremely low tuning.

Latest posts

')