Guitar Rig 4 Djent Presets

ba55i5t

Reaction score
Hey everyone

I've been working on getting a good "djent" preset out of Guitar Rig 4 PRO for a couple of months now. I was wondering if anyone has been doing the same and getting a good tone out of it for live and recording.

My presets:

I think djent 2 is slightly better than djent 1, but those two are both good. Djent 3 is 'okay', I just wanted to mess around with another amp sim.

"real djent 1"
real djent.ksd

"real djent 2"
real djent 2.ksd

"real djent 3"
real djent 3.ksd

Enjoy

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

JPhoenix19

Playing life by ear
Reaction score
Heya :welcome:

I'll download these and check them out when I get home. I've had better luck getting Djenty-ness from AmpliTube or the LePou amp sims.

ba55i5t

Reaction score
Bump.

With one preset re-did.

http://www.mediafire.com/?gpsj77raavxb3p1

This one's called "who needs impulses" since I've spent the last couple of weeks just experimenting with all of the "best" impulses and ampsims and I have not gotten good results. If someone could show me the yellow brick road path to uneven structure tone or something, I will gladly re-convert.

Thanks,

Enjoy.

PS next bump will include a sample.

JPhoenix19

Playing life by ear
Reaction score
I still haven't checked out these presets. :(

I'm going to load them on my laptop today and take them for a spin. :yesway:

-EDIT-

i just tried them out, and I like the real djent 2 the best. I tweaked it myself, and I want to upload it here soon so you can tell me what you think.

ba55i5t

Reaction score
Great. I'd really appreciate it if you could help/criticize my presets and help tweak them. I've been tweaking them (real djent 2) a bit today too - messing around with the gain settings and exploring using another mic+cabinet on top of the matched cabinet (4x12 gratifier).

Let me know how the process is going man.

ba55i5t

Reaction score
Bump with samples and a new preset.

I like this one, and have dubbed it hot sauce.

hot sauce 2 cab1.ksd

Pic of rig:

hot sauce djent.jpg

I use the input and output settings on the pic and for the interface I have the input just below the point where you get in the red, and the output at a nice sweet spot.

So finally....samples...but please do not kill me for my loose playing...I am only a bassist.

New Millenium Cyanide Christ Riff:

djent sample 1 new millenium riff.wav

Deathcore riff from my band:

djent sample 2 deathcore riff.wav

Please let me know what you think...if it's terrible, doesn't work, a good start, etc. and please tweak!!

EDIT: These are just off the cutting room floor - post fx from the GR4 standalone. No added fx in a DAW.

ba55i5t

Reaction score
One of the most boutique guitars on the planet.

squier-mini-strat-bk-600.jpg

Note the MINI on the headstock and the stock pickups. EDIT: 22.75" scale length

I've got it tuned to Bb for New Millenium Cyanide Christ and drop A for the deathcore riff.

I hope the tone works on other guitars considering I really enjoy this tone and would like to play it on other guitars.

ba55i5t

Reaction score
Hey JPhoenix,

Thanks for helping me out with developing the tone and everything. You've been great so far.

Unfortunately, your preset will not open with my version of GR. :(

Do you know if there is any reason why?

JPhoenix19

Playing life by ear
Reaction score
that's a good question, are you on a mac? I'm on a PC.

Here's a picture of the signal chain so you can replicate it. You'd probably have to tweak some settings for your gear anyway. Note that the Stomp Comp's volume isn't off, it's just a few notches above off. The cutoff of the Pro Filter is at 71hz, feel free to tweak that if it's too dark for your liking.

JP19Djenty.jpg

ba55i5t

Reaction score
I just made up a copy of your preset, but haven't had a chance to try it yet since I'm at my univ right now with no MINI in sight. I'll check it out as soon as I get home.

As for the compatibility issue, it seems that your graphic interface is different from mine. Your graphic eq is a teal colour and mine's brown and you'll notice subtle changes in the font between both of ours. Perhaps you have a newer version of GR4. I've got 4.0.7.

Cheers.

JPhoenix19

Playing life by ear
Reaction score
ah, that makes sense. I think I'm running 4.1.1 or something like that.

Fat-Elf

Banned
Reaction score
Great tones, ba55i5t! Didn't think it was possible to get a decent djent tone out of Guitar Rig. I've been battling with Guitar Rig too for this year now but I just changed to using Lepou's impulses lately because I finally figured it out.

Here's my clip using the hot sauce and real djent 2 + one of my own patches :)ugh:):

https://soundcloud.com/m4ssee/gr5-djent-tone-test

I used some minor post-EQing on the guitars and added some delay and turned down the treble a bit on the lead guitar.

Latest posts

')