Guitar stand for 8+ stringed guitar

• Thread starter rareform707
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

rareform707

Reaction score
maybe im just looking in all the wrong places,
but i was curious as to where i could get a stand either adjustable to, or fitted to the size of an 8 string neck.
i havent found anything besides racks for multiple instruments, id prefer a stand for the 8 string alone

thanks to anyone who can help me out!

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

TomAwesome

I LIKE JUICE!!!
Reaction score
If you have other instruments, you could try this kind of stand. They're less picky about neck width, though they're still picky about body shapes.

gaunten

WUUUUAAAAAAAAH!!!
Reaction score
unless you have a V :noplease: but yes, they are amazing for more standard shaped guitars :hbang:

eehm, I have a stand that is pretty much the same as that stand, and my ML79 which is basically a V shape in that end fits perfectly in that stand.

now one of these ESP alexi laiho style "V" or an Esp Viper shape or so, and you have some trouble...

noodleplugerine

Reaction score
eehm, I have a stand that is pretty much the same as that stand, and my ML79 which is basically a V shape in that end fits perfectly in that stand.

now one of these ESP alexi laiho style "V" or an Esp Viper shape or so, and you have some trouble...

Why would you have trouble with a viper?

Elysian

Banned
Reaction score

or my crabclaw :lol: or a Rhoads V.

ibznorange

Chief Officer/RHLC ©
Contributor
Reaction score
i think he was thinking their v shape, the ninja or whatever lol

rareform707

Reaction score
this one :agreed: i have 6 and they are amazing

i saw those while i was looking..i thought about it but i guess ive always been paranoid with those kinds of stands that the guitar would fall over..haha.
thats why i wanted one with a neck brace. but i guess one would have to be careless to leave it on there so it falls over yes?

MaxOfMetal

Likes trem wankery.
Super Moderator
Reaction score
I've never had any problems with A-frame stands, it may look a little precarious at first, but if placed right the guitar will be just fine. Though also look for stands that fit 5 and 6 string basses. I know I've had a few in the past, though I can't remember what brand. They might be wide enough for most ERGs.

NewArmyGuitar

Fueled by Satan
Contributor
Reaction score
I've got one of these, and my 2228 fits into it with no problem:

stand.jpg

TomAwesome

I LIKE JUICE!!!
Reaction score
my bassist has a viper, and he can't put it in any of those kinds of stands without it falling over, it's an SG alright, but it's not straight, much like the V versus the "rhoads" V or "laiho" V

Oh yeah, the butt end is shifted over a bit, huh? That's right. Both my other guitarist and my bassist use Vipers. You'd think I'd remember something like that. :lol:

')