Guitar Tone Critique

• Thread starter Jamison
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Jamison

Reaction score
Hello Guys,

I made this song, just to practice my mixing and recording abilities. I do not have superior drummer, so I had to use the crappy drum kit in logic. But please let me know what you think of my guitar tone, I am pretty happy with it. I added a before and after of the song so you can hear the difference.

Thank you,
Jamison

Before:http://soundcloud.com/jamisonplague/lonely-lamp-post-wip

After: Lonely Lamp Post (WIP) Mixed a lot better by jamisonplague on SoundCloud - Create, record and share your sounds for free

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Reaction score
Add a little brightness to your tone, Drums (especially kick) need to be louder (i have the problem of mixing drums to quiet too)

these sound to me like Stock DAW midi drums...if they are i would reccomend using a better program for drums, if not, just mess around with room mic, bleed, and compression setting...drum sound are where i fall apar too lol.

listen 4 listen? (i am in search of helpful tips as ive just started mixing and recording as well)(first two tracks of my in progress album album)(these are NOT final mixes lol)(using ezdrummer drumkit from hell and a Squier Jazz 5 string)(guitar tone from FREE vst's (lepou sims Orange impulses)
ghfjkbtfyrndyrc tsocr iytfduidr6 by CotLE on SoundCloud - Create, record and share your sounds for free <=Track 1
Waxing and Waning by CotLE on SoundCloud - Create, record and share your sounds for free <=Track 2

Jamison

Reaction score
For sure man, and yea I just used logics drums I don't have superior drummer. I have to wait bother month or so before having a good drum sound.

')