Guitar Tracks Slowed and Downtuned?

Funglehead

Funglehead
Reaction score
I recorded some guitar tracks the other day and when we listened to the tone through headphones before recording, it sounded fine. Then after recording we played the tracks over to see how they came out and they were all slowed down and down-tuned. I know that the guy recording me was using Sony Acid Pro 5 but I'm not sure what plug-ins he might be using. I was wondering if other people had a similar problem and if they found a solution/source of the problem. If so, let me know. It would help a lot. Thanks.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Yooxa

Reaction score
Isn't the guy recording you supposed to know/fix this?

Winspear

Winspear/Noisemother
Reaction score
It's at the wrong sample rate :) For example if you record at 48khz and play it back at 44.1khz it will be slower and downtuned.

Bodes

Reaction score
It's at the wrong sample rate :) For example if you record at 48khz and play it back at 44.1khz it will be slower and downtuned.

I have walked in the recording studio at the end of 2nd guitarist recording all day at 44.1k when the original tracks (drums and bass) recorded at 48k. I noticed in 5 seconds and told the recording dude that he made the fuck up and needed to record everything again on his own time/money. UNACCEPTABLE! He agreed. Recording still turned out shit.

Best to check this first!

xeonblade

Reaction score
Why not just fucking resample the guitar track to 48K? It's not like anyone ever is going to notice when it all mixes together...

PauliusI

Reaction score
I have walked in the recording studio at the end of 2nd guitarist recording all day at 44.1k when the original tracks (drums and bass) recorded at 48k. I noticed in 5 seconds and told the recording dude that he made the fuck up and needed to record everything again on his own time/money. UNACCEPTABLE! He agreed. Recording still turned out shit.

Best to check this first!

Srsly?:nuts:
Re-sample?

Funglehead

Funglehead
Reaction score
Isn't the guy recording you supposed to know/fix this?

I would assume so but we're recording in this guy's living room and as far as I can tell, he has little experience in recording. He runs a non-profit label and doesn't have money to hire anyone so he does his best to record, distribute, and promote with what he's got, by himself, for free. The idea is beautiful but the execution isn't so great. Either way we have unlimited studio time and he has some high dollar equipment, which is awesome.

Latest posts

')