Guitarist you most want to see pick up a 7

• Thread starter omentremor
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Allen Garrow

Famous Beaver Hunter
Reaction score
Ummm,,, I got carried away with the rant smiley. I meant to have it just behind Steve and John, because John rarely plays his 7, and Steve well,,, never plays a 7 live.

~A

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

David

je t'aime
Contributor
Reaction score
Korbain said:
avril lavigne :shred:
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

:funny:

that was the best post all year!:lol:

distressed_romeo said:
Jani Limmatainen (sp?) played a seven on a couple of tracks on 'Reckoning Night'. Shawn Lane had a Vigier seven, but I don't think he ever recorded with it.

How about Greg Howe, Alex Lifeson or Jim Matheos?
Yeah, but I wanna seen Jani go really indepth with it.:yesway:

Ibanez_fanboy

I want a 1527!!
Reaction score
mick tompson! not because i think he is goood. i think he sucks, but i'd love his ibanez to be a seven, and actully have a good meaning behind the "seven" in the inlay..... anyone else agree?

David

je t'aime
Contributor
Reaction score
Ibanez_fanboy said:
mick tompson! not because i think he is goood. i think he sucks, but i'd love his ibanez to be a seven, and actully have a good meaning behind the "seven" in the inlay..... anyone else agree?
errr... I think his signature guitar would suck... it would probably be 7 strings, thicker neck than a Gibson, and only allow powerchords to be played through a shitty sounding rig.:hbang: hahahah

Mark. A

gang* 4 lyfe
Contributor
Reaction score
David said:
errr... I think his signature guitar would suck... it would probably be 7 strings, thicker neck than a Gibson, and only allow powerchords to be played through a shitty sounding rig.:hbang: hahahah
:lol:

Reverse headstocks on Ibanez's = UGLY!

Naren

OldschoolGhettostyle
Reaction score
+1 to the Mustaine thingy.

Mark. A said:
:lol:

Reverse headstocks on Ibanez's = UGLY!

I happen to agree. But I think reverse headstocks look ugly on just about any guitar... :rolleyes:

David

je t'aime
Contributor
Reaction score
except... I happen to love Ibanez's PGM models with the reverse headstock. It just works for some reason!:agreed:

Jerich

Contributor
Reaction score
can we imagine what kinda Hot country rock twang Steve Morse could come up with on a 7 string? Or what Jennifer Batten would tap into?

and for the record Reverses are Killer cool..........4 + 3 sides Blow..........:hbang:

Kagami

Forum MVP
Reaction score
Reverse headstocks FTW...even though neither of mine are at the moment...my Jackson's was though :p

gomes

Reaction score
I'd give 7s axe to Mohammed Suicmez (Necrophagist lead guitar/screamer), I'd pay to be able to see that shit :)

Reaction score
Steve Vai ( I know he used to , but I'd really like to see some live shows of him using a 7)
Paul Gilbert
Alexi Laiho
Michael Romeo
Michael Angelo Batio
Cannibal Corpse, I think they have used 7s for recording, but on both DVD's I have they only play 6's.

And of course Buckethead (again, I know he uses 7s for recording, but I would like to see him play a Universe or something instead of that Bigass LP)

Krib

Reaction score
Actually Steve Vai did a song on his newest release "Real Illusions: Reflections" thats pretty much all based on the UV.. he even plays a 7 string acoustic guitar later in the song.. the song is called "Under It All" and you should all check it out! Its pretty heavy considering his usual style!

But i totally agree.. He should use his UVs much more! I dont know whats keeping him from doing it.. pretty weird actually..

I'd like to see Dave Navarro play a 7string..

Mark. A

gang* 4 lyfe
Contributor
Reaction score
Fantomas said:
Steve Vai ( I know he used to , but I'd really like to see some live shows of him using a 7)
Paul Gilbert
Alexi Laiho
Michael Romeo
Michael Angelo Batio
Cannibal Corpse, I think they have used 7s for recording, but on both DVD's I have they only play 6's.

And of course Buckethead (again, I know he uses 7s for recording, but I would like to see him play a Universe or something instead of that Bigass LP)

Nope, CC use 7's on Live Cannibalism

bostjan

MicroMetal
Contributor
Reaction score
Presidents of the United States of America

"She's lump, she's lump, blah blah blah...

Millions of peaches..."

DelfinoPie

Whoopsie Daisy!
Contributor
Reaction score
noodles said:
He played B tuned stuff on the last album.

Thats true...but maybe (and hopefully) he has just given in with all the tuning down a shit load and just bought a 7-string...he knows its the right thing to do deep down lol.:hbang:

+1 for Buckethead...he needs to get out there with some custom chicken-e-fied (or possibly chicken-fried) 7-string. :shred:

Delfino

eleven59

None shall pass.
Contributor
Reaction score
bostjan said:
Presidents of the United States of America

"She's lump, she's lump, blah blah blah...

Millions of peaches..."
Dude, they don't even use 6-strings :lol: The one guy's got three, and the other guy's got two :lol:

Mastodon

Songs about My Cats
Reaction score
Adressing the issue that Steve Vai dosn't use his UV much.

Wasn't reason he wanted a seven string because he was fascinated with the #7, and didn't he originally try to get a high a string? And then settled for a low B and experimented with it on Passion and Warfare.

bostjan

MicroMetal
Contributor
Reaction score
eleven59 said:
Dude, they don't even use 6-strings :lol: The one guy's got three, and the other guy's got two :lol:

Exactly! Now imagine how much they could rock out with three times as many strings! :lol:

If Matthias IA Eklundh had a seven, how would he tune it?

')