Guitarist you most want to see pick up a 7

• Thread starter omentremor
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

eleven59

None shall pass.
Contributor
Reaction score
Mastodon said:
Adressing the issue that Steve Vai dosn't use his UV much.

Wasn't reason he wanted a seven string because he was fascinated with the #7, and didn't he originally try to get a high a string? And then settled for a low B and experimented with it on Passion and Warfare.
Something like that.

Though, the reasoning he uses for not using them anymore is that it "costs too much to ship all those extra guitars around" :rolleyes:

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

bostjan

MicroMetal
Contributor
Reaction score
eleven59 said:
Something like that.

Though, the reasoning he uses for not using them anymore is that it "costs too much to ship all those extra guitars around" :rolleyes:

He's just upset because the UV didn't have the monkey-grip. :lol:

But seriously, once you switch to sevens, unless you play the a string with your thumb, what is there you can do on a six that you can't do on a seven?

Ripptyde

Reaction score
I actually want to see Karl Sanders pick up a 7, and tune that sucker down to A (or Ab...I forgot)

NewArmyGuitar

Fueled by Satan
Contributor
Reaction score
Brian May or Jerry Cantrell would be cool, since Alex Lifeson has already been mentioned once or twice.

DelfinoPie

Whoopsie Daisy!
Contributor
Reaction score
NewArmyGuitar said:
Brian May or Jerry Cantrell would be cool, since Alex Lifeson has already been mentioned once or twice.

Ooooooooooooooooooooooo Cantrell...good one :hbang:

Mastodon

Songs about My Cats
Reaction score
bostjan said:
He's just upset because the UV didn't have the monkey-grip. :lol:

But seriously, once you switch to sevens, unless you play the a string with your thumb, what is there you can do on a six that you can't do on a seven?

Maybe he couldn't do certain reach around stuff or something. Though his hands are supposed to be pretty large. And he looks to be tall, so his arms are probably long enough.

As for it being expensive to ship all those guitars. Couldn't he just bring 2 jems and 2 uv's?

bostjan

MicroMetal
Contributor
Reaction score
Didn't Vai have an Eight string Conklin when he was in Whitesnake? I say he ought to play the eight again. :agreed:

eleven59

None shall pass.
Contributor
Reaction score
Mastodon said:
Maybe he couldn't do certain reach around stuff or something. Though his hands are supposed to be pretty large. And he looks to be tall, so his arms are probably long enough.
Wow, taken out of context, that's pretty funny :lol:

bostjan said:
Didn't Vai have an Eight string Conklin when he was in Whitesnake? I say he ought to play the eight again. :agreed:
It's a 7-string, and ugly as sin :lol:

http://www.vai.com/Machines/guitarpages/guitar039.html

bostjan

MicroMetal
Contributor
Reaction score
I'm probably confused. Never mind what I said about him playing it. I can't find anything about it on the internet now.

He should play an eight, though.

Naren

OldschoolGhettostyle
Reaction score
I'd be satisfied with him playing a 7... Actually, I'm satisfied with him playing sixes to be honest...

bostjan

MicroMetal
Contributor
Reaction score
Guess I'm just hard to satisfy. :) You're right, he should play whatever he wants, since he plays so well.

Naren

OldschoolGhettostyle
Reaction score
Vai is one of my heroes. Most of my guitar heroes play sixes and none of the guitarists I like play eights.

Popsyche

Contributor
Reaction score
I vote for Larry Coryell. I think he has the extra fingers anyway, he might as well put them to use!

')