Guitarist you most want to see pick up a 7

• Thread starter omentremor
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

abstract

Reaction score
Am I the only one who thinks 7's wouldn't work so great for Protest? I think their unique sound/style wouldn't be affected by them..

I think Tim would need to be louder in the mix. He tends to use a loose and warm tone and sit under Tim's lead parts, but I think it would benefit if his tone cut through more. Listen at 1:37 in Palms Read. That's exactly the kind of thing I could see him doing with a 7. Just more in focus.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

onefingersweep

Reaction score
Michael Romeo, Yngwie Malmsteen, James Malone, Ryan Knight, Michael Keene, and basically every guitarist I like that doesn't play extended range...

A 7-string would actually make a lot of sense for Yngwie, for his scalar runs.

squid-boy

Reaction score
But he's such a dick, he'd just tell us all to suck a bag of dicks or something :lol:

... Would he be making us take out each dick individually? Or would we be sucking the bag, whilst the dicks remained inside, not touching our naked lips?

Based on my own sexual preference, I vote for the latter. :shrug:

DLG

not guthrie govan
Reaction score
agree with romeo, he needs a bit of a kick creatively, Paradise Lost sounded like a rehash.

Stealth7

Reaction score
If he was still alive.. Chuck Schuldiner.

Also Vogg from Decapitated! :hbang:

Janicois

Give me the SHRED!
Reaction score
This is definitely a cool thread. :hbang: Another vote for Alex Lifeson. For those of you who wanted to see Paul Gilbert on a 7 string, here you go (probably not what you had in mind, but it's still a 7):

Chumple Spuzz

Righteous Dude
Reaction score
i want to see Bela Fleck play a 7 stringed banjo :D

HOLY COW.:shred:
seriously though, i wonder how bela would do with an...uh...extended range banjo? i think he'd shred it to bits with righteous picking.

Adam Of Angels

The GAS Man
Reaction score
Michael Romeo has been mentioned enough here, and I probably even said it myself, but I'll say it again. Michael Romeo.

I'd say the In Flames and Soilwork guys, but it wouldn't effect the music much unless they tuned them even lower than usual.. which I'm down with.

Opeth, eh.. I dunno. I don't think Mikael needs a 7, but I'd definitely be interested in hearing it.

Jari Maenpaa! Imagine Wintersun with an added low B. Very cool.

MFB

Banned
Reaction score
Jari Maenpaa! Imagine Wintersun with an added low B. Very cool.

I don't think there is enough time in the universe for him to get accustomed to a 7, then write new material, and release it on an album. I mean, look how long it's taking their new CD :ugh:

synrgy

Ya ya ya I am Lorde
Reaction score
Every once in a while, I jab an elbow at Mark Holcomb (Haunted Shores) begging him to make the switch. He's still resisting, but I keep hoping that between Misha's influence and my occasional elbowing, he'll break eventually. :evil:

')