Guitarists that inspire you

• Thread starter hubbell1202
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

hubbell1202

Rufus Alexander
Reaction score
For me lately I cant get away from Mark Morton and Lamb of God. They make want to play and write for hours... and I sorta take a huuuge influence after them and am trying to branch out from the style, but its difficult. So who inspires you?

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

JohnIce

Singlecoil Enthusiast
Reaction score
Arrangement-minded guitar players. I'm not at all into instrumental solo guitarists, I have much more respect for a guitarist that can ambellish and improve a vocal melody. Such as Steve Lukather, John Petrucci, Richie Sambora, Richie Kotzen etc., who can impress without over playing. For all-out shred that I actually dig there's Guthrie Govan, Andy TImmons, IA Eklundh, and of course Shawn Lane.

Nidolf

Reaction score
My last jolt of inspiration came after watching some videos of Johan Randén playing. He's a student of Mattias IA Eklundh who became known as a kind of wunderkind after playing "The Black Page" (ridiculous zappa tune) live at a swedish rock festival at the age of 12 or 13. Now he's 21 I think and an absolute monster player.
example:

scottro202

I'm walkin' here!!!
Reaction score
Joe Satriani, Barry Richman (google him foo'), Nick Edelstein (google him too foo'), Aaron Barret (Reel Big Fish), Adam Jones (even though I don't listen to al that much Tool), Steve Vai, Eric Clapton

darbdavys

Reaction score
Adam Jones, I'd say, was the most influential and inspiring guitarist for me, because I started playing guitar just because of Tool.
as of now, It's Tosin Abasi, Bulb, Jeff Loomis, John Petrucci and Muhammed Suiçmez, Ron Jarzombek (12tone circle <3)

Joeywilson

Banned
Reaction score
Bulb, Tosin Abasi, Paul Ortiz, Guthrie Govan, Josh Travis, Dan Weller and Pin, andy mckee, antoine dufour, Jeff Loomis, Holdsworth.

Lately i'm leaning towards more simple and acoustic stuff though
I'm currently in love with a lot of electro-pop stuff

Maestro

Reaction score
Usually when I need inspiration or motivation to play guitar I put on one of the Liquid Tension Experiment CDs. After a couple of minutes I'm ready to start playing. All of those guys inspire me to become a better musician and composer.

hufschmid

Banned
Reaction score
An incredible jazz player, I been watching him for many years.

The way he plays, his articulation, the way he improvises....

:bowdown::bowdown::bowdown:

Jimmy Bruno

8Fingers

Banned
Reaction score
Vai,Satch,Petrucci,Timmons,Kee Marcello,Steve Rothery,Derek Frigo,David Gilmore,Neal Schon,Bryan May,
The Edge(because he does exactly what U2 needs).
Well they cover all areas I like !

natspotats

Reaction score
jeff loomis, oli herbert, mark morton, chris broderick, chris from scale the summit, and keith merrow :hbang:

Scar Symmetry

Ex Whiny Bitch
Reaction score
Vai and Loomis got me into shredding.

these days I'm inspired by Akerfeldt, Hagstrom and Thordendal, Per Nilsson, Mattias Eklundhm, Paul Gilbert and Guthrie Govan.

hufschmid

Banned
Reaction score
Vai and Loomis got me into shredding.

these days I'm inspired by Akerfeldt, Hagstrom and Thordendal, Per Nilsson, Mattias Eklundhm, Paul Gilbert and Guthrie Govan.

Your avatar is inpiring me for shredding again :rofl:

:hbang::hbang::hbang:

Desi

You can't handle me!
Reaction score
Sakito and Hitsugi of Nightmare, and Aoi and Uruha of The Gazette are currently influencing me and the direction I want to take my music. I've kind of stopped chasing speed and now I'm working on songwritting.

Latest posts

')