Guitarists that you could listen to all day?

• Thread starter thedarknightshreds
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

thedarknightshreds

Goregrind Elitist
Reaction score
If this has already been asked i apologise but I just wanted to ask which guitarists people love
my top 4:

Rob chapman
Chris Letchford
Devin Townsend
Martin Harley

Fire away guys!

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Vigaren

Reaction score
Wes hauch! that guy is just amazing everytime. I can watch videos of him over and over for hours! Also Per Nilsson!!

Malkav

Washing your dishes.
Reaction score
Brett Garsed - His phrasing is as interesting as all hell, and his control of dynamics is second to none, oh and he can play 99.99% of modern metal "shredders" under the table and do so musically.

Shawn Lane - All the reasons above, and because I get the feeling when I hear him play that he knows what it feels like to be truly free, his playing seems as natural as breathing, and it's glorious!

Al Di Meola - There's a lot of wonderful things one could say about his actual playing and phrasing, but the thing that truly blows my mind is his composition, which seems to just get better album after album.

These are just the first examples to jump into my head, though I know they make the list as I have in fact spent all day listening to them in the past, and will most likely continue to enjoy them to that degree well into the future. :)

Lifestalker

Reaction score
Ron Jarzombek
Buckethead
Keith Merrow (obvious choice is obvious)
Shawn Whitaker (Insidious Decrepancy)
Paul Gilbert

So many to choose from. :(

source field

Reaction score
-Scott Henderson:
Tasty player, i love his sense of changes. A jazz/fusion/blues guru, huge harmonic vocabulary and perfect tone. His playing bridges Albert King to Jeff Beck to Allan Holdsworth.

-Derek Trucks:
By far the most "vocal" guitar player i've ever heard. His sense of melody is very unique and "gospelly" (think singers like Aretha Franklin or Whitney Houston). :D

-Robben Ford:
He figured out how to play jazz and blues at the same time without alienating either side. His playing reminds me of a skateboarder on the edge of a pipe, he'll just hang on a note. :D

-Jakub Zytecki:
I like Jakub a lot. Probably the only modern metal guitarist i can listen all day. His playing is very natural and relaxed (not robotic and stiff), it's like he was born with the guitar growing out of his hands :lol:. He has a "funky" vibe in his playing, which IMO separates him from many other modern metal shredders today.

Honorable mentions: Alex Hutchings, John Mayer, George Benson, Pat Martino, BB King, Brett Garsed, Guthrie Govan, Pat Metheny

Orandje

Reaction score
Jeff Loomis (His Solo Albums never get old!!)
Paul Gilbert (Same here!)
Guthrie Govan (Erotic Cakes and Aristocrats! Nyami)
Alex Hutchings (Smoothest Tunes ever!)

Not all the time, but a long time:
Tosin Abasi
Misha Mansoor
Josh Martin (Little Tybee)
Ryan Knight (Black Dahlia Murder)

Crabface

Reaction score
David Gilmour
Guthrie Govan
Pat Metheny

Honorable mentions also go to Mark Tremonti, John Scofield and Kurt Rosenwinkel

Got to see The Aristocrats 2 days ago and was blown away. Had a short chat with Guthrie afterwards and he was super cool, as was Marco Minneman and Bryan.

loqtrall

Banned
Reaction score
Guthrie Govan
Chris Letchford
Ryan Knight
Claudio Sanchez
Allan Holdsworth
Josh Martin
Scott LePage (Polyphia)
Paul Waggoner
Mario Camarena (CHON)
Sithu Aye
Plini

EDIT: Honorable mention - Nick Lierandi from Ever Forthright.

Pretty much any highly skilled guitarist who likes to combine jazz-like qualities with metal or rock music. Can't get enough of it.

troyguitar

Reaction score
Jeff Beck

(Incidentally, this is what happens when you have a "useless" floating trem and a volume knob that is "in the way")

BlackMastodon

\m/ (゚Д゚) \m/
Contributor
Reaction score
Paul Waggoner
Buckethead
Ben Sharp (Cloudkicker)
Brent Hinds & Bill Kelliher

')