Guitarists who do vocals simultaneously?(preferable scream vox)

• Thread starter KristapsCoCoo
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

KristapsCoCoo

Reaction score
As it seems to be pretty hard to find vocalist who would be good enough fit for my music, I'm slowly starting to get in to vocals myself!

I'm not in any way worried of how well I'll eventualy would be able to do vox, but how well I'll be able to them live while playing guitar.

So is there any guitarists/vocalists playing decently technical metal here?
Or do you know any bands where there is someone doing it?

All that comes to my mind is Nile, Children of Bodom, but they're playing different music, I'm more after vocal sound of Northlane/Architects as I love that one to death.

There is song in my signature in which I want to do them, so check it out if it would help you give more clearer idea.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Reaction score
Beyond Creation and Revocation. Both are pretty technical, though I'd say Beyond Creation is more so.

KristapsCoCoo

Reaction score
Beyond Creation and Revocation. Both are pretty technical, though I'd say Beyond Creation is more so.

They're like straight forward technical and fast, I'm looking for more semi-polyrhythmic/less straight forward rhythm wise, maybe less complicated, but harder to count on and do vocals at the same time.
I just can't seem to find bands where vocals are less in sync with instruments, but more independent from each other rhytmicaly... If this make sense to you, haha.
It just seems that none is actually doing what i'm going for. :rolleyes:

But anyway, thanks, will check those out properly and see what I could pull out of this and apply on my own development! :metal:

AugmentedFourth

X:1 K:C [c^f]|
Reaction score
TFoT has a mix of screamed vox/clean vox, although I'm not sure if it's what you're looking for...

More mathcore than anything I guess. Erak plays some crazy guitar lines while singing, though.

nikolazjalic

Reaction score
my old guitar teacher played in a band called Assassinate the Following where he did both cleans and screams while playing, they weren't too poly-rhythmic but kinda techy

KristapsCoCoo

Reaction score
my old guitar teacher played in a band called Assassinate the Following where he did both cleans and screams while playing, they weren't too poly-rhythmic but kinda techy

Checked out, cool music! This is more in the lines of what I searched.

It seems that I'll just have to try and do it in the way I like and see how it works out! :scratch:

Still wery long way ahead, since I'v got very little to no time when i'm able to do the screaming. :D

But thanks anyone, I hope I'll be able to get something out of your suggestions! :metal:

Altough I'm really surprised no one here is doing it.

NightBeard

Reaction score
If you're seriously want to learn vocals google Melissa Cross and her teachings "THE ZEN OF SCREAMING" It will teach you proper methods for screaming and hardcore singing.
I play 8 string and vocals and its really not that hard. Keep in mind that Ive been doing vocals for 20 years but only playing serious guitar for 2 years. I recommend you try and practice. You will become immersed in the music at a whole different level, than doing just vocals or just guitar.
Best of luck

noUser01

Still can't play.
Reaction score
Let's not forget Necrophagist.

Regarding The Zen of Screaming, it does not teach you how to scream, exactly. It teaches you very little about the producing of a scream, it more focuses on exercises for warming up and increasing stamina, preventing injury etc. If you dig through some videos on YouTube and experiment a bit you'll be able to figure it out, just remember it takes time and practice, it can take months to develop a good sound to start with.

Best of luck, man.

KristapsCoCoo

Reaction score
Let's not forget Necrophagist.

Regarding The Zen of Screaming, it does not teach you how to scream, exactly. It teaches you very little about the producing of a scream, it more focuses on exercises for warming up and increasing stamina, preventing injury etc. If you dig through some videos on YouTube and experiment a bit you'll be able to figure it out, just remember it takes time and practice, it can take months to develop a good sound to start with.

Best of luck, man.

Thanks man!

Yeah, and as you said, ZOS is for someone who already knows at least basics, so I'm just trying to figure out how to control my scream at the moment.

Sucks though that I've just had to waste few days I could train cause I got sick... :ugh:

Latest posts

')